Which Would Be Better?

Decorating By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 29 Mar 2011 , 9:06pm by CreativeCakesbyMichelle

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a cake this week for my son's 3rd B-day so a handfull of kids and then two handfuls of adults. I want to do a Oreo cookie filling for one of the cakes. I was thinking of just crushing some oreo's and adding it to some of the buttercream

I also found this recipe

Two 7 oz jars of marshmallow fluff
1 cup shortening (non butter flavor)
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 teaspoons VERY HOT water (this helps to make the fluff easier to spread)
pinch to 1/4 teaspoon salt (not too much or it will taste salty not sweet just enough to take some of the sweetness out, though.)
15-20 Oreo cookies crushed into small & medium pieces

How much better do ya think the above filling would be? I know it will taste completely different as the above has marshmallows ect, but do you think it's really worth the extra time/ effort? Plus it's just for one of the tiers. Adding crushed Oreo to buttercream would be yummy, right I am not crazy right? You would not have to do anything special to get a yummy flavor?

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 3

I've used oreos crushed in buttercream serveral times and got raved reviews.

The above to me sounds like it would be a soft mixture so personally I'd stick with your first idea.

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 3

Oreos taste awesome. Buttercream tastes awesome. Therefore, oreo crumbs in buttercream would have to taste extra awesome, right? Lol. I think I'd just go with that instead of all the work for the other recipe. Especially if it's just for one tier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%