Never Assume Anything

Decorating By letsgetcaking Updated 29 Mar 2011 , 11:07pm by letsgetcaking

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 3

So, I've posted on here before about thinking about starting a business. Every once in a while something happens, though, that makes me realize that there are so many aspects I'm just not ready for.

I wanted to make a cake for my friend's son this weekend. She told me he wanted a Beyblades cake, but she couldn't find one anywhere. I offered to make one (for free, of course). However, I'm really busy this weekend, so I told her I could make some decorations for the top and she could just put those on top of a plain bakery cake.

This morning, I was really proud of how fast I was able to finish the decorations. So, I talked to her and told her they were drying, and found out she ordered a 1/2 sheet cake instead of the 1/4 sheet cake I planned for. How in the world did I not think to ask what size she was getting? You think you've got it together and then...geez. icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif

2 replies
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 3

Sometimes it's the little things we forget that are the most important....but I bet it'll still look o.k. thumbs_up.gif

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks. I think it'll look fine. It's just frustrating because I carefully sized everything to fit the smaller cake. Live and learn, huh? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%