Garden Shed Cake - Please Help!!!!!!

Decorating By bradburysarah Updated 7 Apr 2011 , 3:07pm by catsmum

bradburysarah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bradburysarah Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 5

I am a novice cake decorator and have been asked by a friend to make a garden shed/garden scene birthday cake.

As I am still learning I need a book for guidance but the only one I can find with this type of cake is Hobby Cakes by Lindy Smith which is out of print!!!

Does anyone know where I could get hold of this book (I am in the UK and need it in the next couple of weeks) or any other books which have this kind of cake in it for me to follow?

Thank you! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 5

I did a garden shed and veg garden cake last year - it's in my photos. I also posted the template I used for the shed to the templates gallery. Shout up if you need any further help. thumbs_up.gif

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 5

hi sarah, if you go onto Lindy's Cakes Blog there is a picture of the cake that you are looking for on there which would give you the visual but not the instruction and guidance, unfortunately the book is not being reprinted and is becoming a collectors item. Take the help and templates from catsmum thumbs_up.gif wow just look at her cakes.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 5

I dont suppose your library would have a copy?

catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 5

I tried our local library who searched the British Library with no luck. The book sometimes comes up on eBay but always sells for ££££££s.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%