Anyone Catch The Season Premiere Of Amazing Wedding Cakes???

Lounge By Jeff_Arnett Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 3:54am by Karen421

Jeff_Arnett Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 12:09am
post #1 of 21

What did you think?

Not sure yet if I will like it or not.....I will miss the old cast....plus the format looks different....more like a documentary that the first seasons were.....but I guess I can't make a judgement call after only one episode either!

20 replies
rexygirl Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 1:34am
post #2 of 21

so i do agree not to sure about the new cast. The white flour? married couple and assistant they did the italian themed cake, thought their work was great but i see them getting annoying! they just seemed a little rehersed I'm surprised that they didn't even make mention about the cake girls, like sorry to hear about what's happened, i don't know i'm just still upset about it i guess!! icon_sad.gif

sweetaudrey Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 2:13am
post #3 of 21

Personally, I LOVE Christopher Garren's Cakes. Marjie and Chris are hilarious! I love them and their cakes! I think it's going to take quite a few episodes for me to get used to the other cakers they have on there now. They all seem to be a little, I don't know, angry, maybe icon_confused.gif ? Maybe they are just getting used to the cameras being around and stuff. But I have to say, I love Lauren's (from the White Flower, I believe) version of the running man when she got excited about going home. Ha...I laughed at that one. icon_lol.gif

Elcee Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 2:39am
post #4 of 21

I'm watching now...so far not impressed with the Staten Island shop. Come on, he measured the rhinestone trim wrong? Also the quilting was uneven and they could have matched up the ends of the rhinestone trim better. Love his little shop, though!

While I love Christopher Garren's cakes, and the "Fly Me to the Moon" cake is no exception, I have a hard time watching them. The way he treats people makes me feel uncomfortable.

The Cleveland shop...overall, the cake came out much better than I was expecting; they are really good at the details.

SaltAireBaker Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 3:20am
post #5 of 21

Are Cake Girls gone from the show for good. What about Reba (or was it Reva) and Mark. Cake Alchemy and Cake Divas?
I love Christopher Garren's work, but also liked Mark's work from Merci Beau Coup.

sweetaudrey Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 4:54am
post #6 of 21

I know...I loved Reva and Mark! I wasn't a huge fan of Cake Alchemy...idk...something about her was just really weird. icon_confused.gif But I also kinda see what you mean about the way Chris treats people. However, I was more so uncomfortable with him when I first started watching AWC. Now that I've seen so many episodes and watched them so much, it's almost funny because you kinda start to understand his personality. I think alot of the things he says he means in a kinda dry humored way. He is critical, but oh my goodness...look at those cakes and you can see that his critical ways kinda pay off!! icon_wink.gif

MerciCakes Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 6:10am
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltAireBaker

Are Cake Girls gone from the show for good. What about Reba (or was it Reva) and Mark. Cake Alchemy and Cake Divas?
I love Christopher Garren's work, but also liked Mark's work from Merci Beau Coup.







It is Reva. icon_wink.gif

CALI_GIRL_CAKES Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 21

**It is Reva.**

Hi Reva. Missed seeing you on AWC. You and Marc RULE! You two are so funny. Glad to see you here.

Kellbella Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 5:32pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexygirl

so i do agree not to sure about the new cast. The white flour? married couple and assistant they did the italian themed cake, thought their work was great but i see them getting annoying! they just seemed a little rehersed I'm surprised that they didn't even make mention about the cake girls, like sorry to hear about what's happened, i don't know i'm just still upset about it i guess!! icon_sad.gif




Ditto...when the one girl started dancing I wanted to throw up a little icon_cry.gif

FlourPots Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 3:54am
post #10 of 21

I'm slightly obsessed with Christopher and his team, and I've finally learned to accept Marjie's laugh, so it's all good when they're on.

I like the new people...the Staten Island group especially.
I did wonder why on earth they didn't use a 3-diamond quilter...and why are their cakes built in a ring?...one layer wasn't even a full round, it was pieced together! Isn't that dangerous when stacking?
Also, up-close, the little black circles were't uniform...seems like a pretty easy thing to get right.


This is a great show...I hope they keep it real.

sweeteats0919 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:51pm
post #11 of 21

I am not sure about the new format or the new bakeries. Is it me or did all the cakes this episode seem kind of average. I don't mean they weren't great but I don't think they were over the top like we usually see out of amazine wedding cakes. Espcially the Staten island cake show I mean what was so amazing about that cake? Just looked like any other normal wedding cake with some bling. I digress! I will keep watching hopefully it gets better.

MerciCakes Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:59pm
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteats0919

I am not sure about the new format or the new bakeries. Is it me or did all the cakes this episode seem kind of average. I don't mean they weren't great but I don't think they were over the top like we usually see out of amazine wedding cakes. Espcially the Staten island cake show I mean what was so amazing about that cake? Just looked like any other normal wedding cake with some bling. I digress! I will keep watching hopefully it gets better.


.

With all the cake shows on tv now a days it is hard to come up with so many new designs to fit within the
shows format. And the producers pick the cakes to be shown.icon_wink.gif

Keep watching though...it is not any easy process for the cake makers and they have all put in a lot of hard work.

Love ya all!

sweeteats0919 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 4:41pm
post #13 of 21

Hey Reva loved you and Mark on the show. You guys always looked like you were having so much fun! Hope business is good!

Elcee Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 10:56pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteats0919

I am not sure about the new format or the new bakeries. Is it me or did all the cakes this episode seem kind of average. I don't mean they weren't great but I don't think they were over the top like we usually see out of amazine wedding cakes. Espcially the Staten island cake show I mean what was so amazing about that cake? Just looked like any other normal wedding cake with some bling. I digress! I will keep watching hopefully it gets better.




I actually enjoy seeing cakes that look like cake icon_biggrin.gif. Although, this may sound mean, but if that is the best execution the Staten Island shop can do, maybe they shouldn't be featured on this show.

Karen421 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 5:54pm
post #15 of 21

I think it's ok, but Vinny's language, although beeped out, seems to bother me. I know we have all been there, but it's a family show and it just bothers me. icon_smile.gif

Elcee Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 11:10pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

I think it's ok, but Vinny's language, although beeped out, seems to bother me. I know we have all been there, but it's a family show and it just bothers me. icon_smile.gif




After watching a second time I'm just not impressed with them at all. I agree about the language. And the decorator couldn't make a calla lily? It's one of the easiest flowers to make! The gold cake with the branches was STUNNING!

FlourPots Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 12:05am
post #17 of 21

Yeah, they kind of lost me too. I cringed at the nail polish and untidy hair.
The use of fondant not gumpaste for the callas, and no real reason why, seemed very contrived.
The insane amount of dowels was really amateurish.
Funny, the cursing didn't bother me at all, LOL!

I LOVED the gold cake...it was beautiful and the work, so clean.
I liked that whole team, very professional every step of the way.

Also loved the Koala cake from Chris & Co., a little excessive with the leaves, but still amazing.

Karen421 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 12:47am
post #18 of 21

I loved the gold cake too and I also liked the determination of the cake artists to get it to the venue. thumbs_up.gif

FlourPots Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 1:23am
post #19 of 21

Wow...I fell really hard for the beach cake from Gateaux this week...it's my favorite cake from any season.
I loved it so much I felt compelled to go online and find it...I've never done that after watching this, or any other cake show.
I just needed to see it again!
Luckily it was on their site, along with MANY other incredible designs. If you haven't visited, you should...it's a treat...I seriously got lost there...I don't know how much time passed before I was able to break away!

They also have a blog, which I'm working my way through from the beginning, and will be following from now on!

Elcee Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 3:38am
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Wow...I fell really hard for the beach cake from Gateaux this week...it's my favorite cake from any season.
I loved it so much I felt compelled to go online and find it...I've never done that after watching this, or any other cake show.
I just needed to see it again!
Luckily it was on their site, along with MANY other incredible designs. If you haven't visited, you should...it's a treat...I seriously got lost there...I don't know how much time passed before I was able to break away!

They also have a blog, which I'm working my way through from the beginning, and will be following from now on!




I'm heading off to look right now! I think Gateaux is fabulous! Their cakes are incredible and they come across with so much less drama (contrived or otherwise) than the other shops featured. The more I see of them the more I like them.

Karen421 Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 3:54am
post #21 of 21

thumbs_up.gif I like them also! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%