Non "gummy" Cake Pop Recipe

Baking By gregus28 Updated 14 Jun 2014 , 1:52pm by kathy213

gregus28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gregus28 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 5

alot of people on here complain that cake pops can be "gummy". i'm hoping to avoid that. anyone have a good recipe or link?

4 replies
tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 12:09am
post #2 of 5

I've seen recipes and I firmly believe there is no such thing as a hard and true recipe for cake balls. How they set up depends on the humidity, the temperature, as well as a slew of other things.

It's a "feel," a "look." You have to make them a few times and figure it out for what you think is best for your conditions. I was lucky and got it right the first time. But I have had a bad batch.... and I was making them long before anyone posted a supposed recipe.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 6:17am
post #3 of 5

I saw a Cake ball maker called BabyCakes that makes cake balls without mixing in the frosting. They are all cake. It looks like a waffle maker and is pretty inexpensive about $25-$30, I saw it at Macy's but if you google BabyCakes you can see it on their website. I don't know of any recipes that you don't add frosting to the crumbled cake. The frosting is what makes them "gummy". I hope this helps you icon_smile.gif

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 12 May 2011 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 5

If you dont like "gummy" go with Babycakes...actually baked cake and not mushy! love mine!

kathy213 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy213 Posted 14 Jun 2014 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 5

My daughter and daughter-in-law both swear by the Baby Cakes Cake Pop Maker. I thought adding the icing would make them moist and a little more fun. I am looking for any ideas on making cheesecake pops. Yummy!!! Good luck. The Baby Cake Pop Maker is very easy and not expensive at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%