Dr. Pepper Flavored Cake??

Decorating By rosannar4 Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 11:50am by BrindysBackyard

rosannar4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosannar4 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 7

My friends daughter is obsessed with Dr. Pepper and asked if I could make her cake that flavor. Has anyone ever tried this with any succcess??

6 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 12:40am
post #2 of 7

No but I had to make a Coke mousse once and I ended up reducing 8 CANS of Coke just to make it taste a little like it (for a 10" cake). Yeesh.

maddy9603 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddy9603 Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 7

http://annies-eats.net/2009/08/19/cherry-coke-cupcakes/

I would use this -sub in the Dr. Pepper. Maybe add a little extra cherry juice?

sweetaudrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetaudrey Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 5:46am
post #4 of 7

Maybe you could make the cake in the above post. And instead of just using plain simple surup to 'seal' the cake and keep it moist between layers, you could use a dr. pepper syrup. So just substitute dr. pepper for the water and reduce down to a simple syrup consistancy. You might not even need to add the sugar (infact, I wouldn't). I would just let some of the water evaporate from the dr. pepper until it's a little thickened into a syrup texture and then use that. Or, just simply brush straight dr.p over the cake without reducing it. Either way I believe this would inhance the flavor. =]

PS...TEST YOUR CAKE ON YOUR FAMILY BEFORE YOU ACTUALY USE IT FOR THE CLIENT CAKE. icon_biggrin.gif

Kiwi-whisk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiwi-whisk Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 9:04am
post #5 of 7

I have a Chardonnay cake recipe that has 300ml of Chardonnay, I substitute Lemonade for chardonnay. This may work if you add dr pepper, I could email you the recipe if your interested?

kc03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kc03 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:35am
post #6 of 7

Ive used Rootbeer, Chery Coke, Orange Crush and 7up. I just substitute the water with it. My kids love it.

BrindysBackyard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrindysBackyard Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:50am
post #7 of 7

I have a Dr. Pepper cherry icecream topping that I have used on a small cake. It is a very thick syurp that I drizzled on each layer before the BC. I let the cake sit for a bit and the cake absorbed the syurpand it turned out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%