Recipe Help Please!

Baking By CutieMcCakes Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 8:56pm by kakeladi

CutieMcCakes Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone! I just got a request for a cake for this weekend and I can't seem to think of something that sounds good.. The client is requesting some sort of strawberry almond cake with chocolate bc I'm trying to envision how that will taste all together. I'm thinking of anything from an almond cake with strawberry filling and chocolate bc to straw cake with almond pastry cream filling with cbc. I'm just not sure what is an appetizing combination.
Does anyone have any recipe/combo suggestion? It doesn't have to include all of these flavors, but the mandatory request is the choc bc.... Anything would be helpful!! THANKS!!!!

2 replies
tamdan Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 3

Have you thought of chocolate ganache instead of buttercream. It tastes amazing and would go well with the strawberry filling. For the cake, you can make the WASC cake that everyone raves about.

Or maybe a strawberry cake with chocolate bc. You can use this recipe for the strawberry cake:

kakeladi Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 3

My thought would be to use my *original* WASC recipe* with generous dollops of strawberry jam or (sleeved) filling swirled through then use the choco ganache as filling and maybe almond flavored b'cream. &/OR you could use fresh, sliced berries on top of the ganache.

Don't worry too much about how *YOU* think it will taste. It is what the customer wants. They must like it or would not have ordered iticon_smile.gif
I would always cringe when anyone would order a chocolate cake w/strawberry fill - just not my 'cup of tea' as far as taste goes icon_smile.gif

*NOTE: be sure to read alll the way through the recipe for additions and suggestions; then the icing recipe included. See how to make almond icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%