Help Please! Cake Recipe Idea Needed For This Weekend!

Decorating By CutieMcCakes Updated 29 Mar 2011 , 10:14pm by maddy9603

CutieMcCakes Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone! I just got a request for a cake for this weekend and I can't seem to think of something that sounds good.. The client is requesting some sort of strawberry almond cake with chocolate bc... I'm trying to envision how that will taste all together. I'm thinking of anything from an almond cake with strawberry filling and chocolate bc to straw cake with almond pastry cream filling with cbc. I'm just not sure what is an appetizing combination.
Does anyone have any recipe/combo suggestion? Anything would be helpful!! THANKS!!!!

2 replies
Zahrah Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 3

It's hard to make a cake that you feel will not be up to your standards. But if this is what the client wants, then give her what she pays for. Especially if it's something you're uncertain about, stick with something as close to the original request as possible so if she doesn't like the cake, it won't be your 'fault'. It seems to me that a WASC cake with strawberry filling and chocolate buttercream would be exactly what she wants. It would probably be pretty when cut too.

maddy9603 Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 3

I have loved any recipe from SK and am dying to make this one! Although I do intend on making a white chocolate buttercream instead. But if they liked the chocolate I'm sure its good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%