Tropical Flower Cake

Decorating By MustardSeed Updated 29 Mar 2011 , 6:24pm by Zahrah

MustardSeed Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 3

A friend is getting married and would like a small tropical flavored cake.

First issue - her whole family is gulten intolerance (Irish). Has anyone made gluten free cakes sucessfully?

Her favorite flowers are plumeria from Hawaii. I was thinking of a spiced cake with pinneapple filling and a lei of plumeria on top. Any other ideas on flowers or cake flavors? She loves passion fruit juice but I don't know how that comes across in a cake or icing.

Also stuck on flavor of icing, thought about lemon but that might be too strong for the fruits listed above.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
LisaPeps Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 10:21am
post #2 of 3

Passionfruit buttercream is delish. I always make white chocolate mud cake with passionfruit buttercream or vanilla cake with passionfruit curd and whipped white chocolate ganache. I cover my cakes in ganache too.

Zahrah Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 3

My pineapple coconut cake (with or without the coconut - some people really hate it!) with lime curd filling is quite popular. I prefer to echo the flavor of the cake in the frosting (lightly) or leave the frosting neutral (a hint of vanilla - which is tropical too ya know!) so as not to detract from the cake flavors. Especially if you're investing in ::sometimes:: pricey exotic ingredients.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%