Marshmallow Fondant Trouble

Baking By SweetJenna Updated 22 Apr 2011 , 3:51pm by SweetJenna

SweetJenna Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 4

I started making my own marshmallow fondant about a year ago. It tastes so much better than the commercially made stuff, but I seem to have a lot of trouble rolling it out thin. It always sticks to my rolling surface, no matter where I roll it and it cracks a lot. I have tried all kinds of things to try to fix this problem. Does anyone else have this problem with this kind of fondant? Any ideas?

3 replies
ajwonka Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 4

Which mmf recipe do you use? I heavily grease my granite counter & don't have a problem!

dsilvest Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 4

Are you adding all of the PS. I usually reserve 1 cup until after the rest period and then determine if I need to add it. Usually I don't. Knead the fondant really well with some shortening before you roll it out. I usually don't need very much PS when I roll it out and it doesn't stick. Make sure that you reposition it often when rolling to keep it from sticking.
You can also try adding 2 tbsp light corn syrup or glucose when making it. I also add 1 tbsp glycerine. These ingredients improve the texture.

SweetJenna Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the tips! I was afraid to use too much shortening until I read your replies. I will try the glycerine and maybe the corn syrup. Thanks again so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%