Giant Cupcake Pans

Decorating By sugardugar Updated 28 Mar 2011 , 2:49pm by Bluehue

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 2:44am
post #1 of 5

I was about to order a giant cupcake pant (as in, a cake pan shaped like a huge cupcake) and realized there's a few around. Anyone have a fave? How much cake batter do they hold (I'm not good at knowing cups and whatnot but if you use boxes, how many does it hold/is it equal to an 8" or 10" with batter needed etc)?

Yes yes I know I can carve, and I have. I made one recently and it turned out lovely and got 6 more orders for a giant cuppie. I decided to order a pan so I a) can use any recipe and not just a carving cake and b) don't waste cake since I don't make cakballs and I don't eat it...scraps get trashed!

TIA!

4 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:59am
post #2 of 5

I have the Wilton one. It's okay. The main issue I have with it is that the bottom section takes a lot longer to cook than the top yet the tin is all one piece.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 7:57am
post #3 of 5

ditto. The big W one is not good.

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 5

Hmmm. Does it cook well if you cook each side separately? The only other one I found is a silicone pan and quite cheap. The cheap part scares me, I do want quality!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gourmet-Trends-Giant-Cupcake-Silicone-3D-Baking-Pan-3pc-/330544290905?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf5f99c59

That's the giant silicone one. Anyone try it?

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 5

I bought the Wilton one when it first came out..
Found that by filling them 3/4 full and cooking them on a lower temp - it worked a treat.

Occassionally i have used ony the bottom half to make a basket of flowers cake
and
To make a different shape smaller round cake.

Not something i use alot - but you can just bake either side and make different shape cakes besides a Cupcake - iykwim.

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%