Extract

Decorating By fsinger84 Updated 28 Mar 2011 , 4:41am by scp1127

fsinger84  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 2:12am
post #1 of 8

I am looking to purchase all my extracts in large sizes. I need strawberry, raspberry, mint, lemon, key lime, and maybe espresso and banana.

I am looking to get all extracts from one place if possible to save on shipping. I looked on Global SA but they do not have all of the ones I need and they also seem to be higher priced. I was able to find pretty good prices at Cooks Vanilla. Has anyone used this brand or have another brand they would recommend?

Thanks!

7 replies
 cheatize  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:20am
post #2 of 8

Define large sizes, please. Lorann sells their flavorings in bigger bottles.

jason_kraft  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:25am
post #3 of 8

We buy several extracts from Cooks Vanilla, they are good quality and reasonably priced. Once one of our orders had a leaking bottle of blackberry extract, they sent us a new blackberry extract bottle for free.

We also use SpicePlace at www.spiceplace.com for some hard-to-find extracts in bulk (for example, imitation almond). Smart & Final and local restaurant supply stores also carry a limited selection of bulk extracts for competitive prices.

We usually buy the 8oz size, but for items we use a lot (like raspberry extract) we get the 32oz size. Food coloring is also much, much cheaper in bulk at Smart & Final and restaurant supply stores.

fsinger84 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:39am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Define large sizes, please. Lorann sells their flavorings in bigger bottles.

I would say 32oz maybe 16oz if I had to. I have used Lorann in the past and didn't like any of their stuff. Their orange and lemon emulsions were pretty weak.

Pebbles1727  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:51am
post #5 of 8

I would like to know where everyone buys their bulk flavorings too icon_biggrin.gif

scp1127  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:56am
post #6 of 8

Olive Nation extracts are INCREDIBLE! Try one and you will see. They send emails for specials about once a week, and some of the specials are free shipping. They have a large amount of flavors and they are pure extracts. They smell and taste great out of the bottle. No chemical smells.

fsinger84 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:34am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Olive Nation extracts are INCREDIBLE! Try one and you will see. They send emails for specials about once a week, and some of the specials are free shipping. They have a large amount of flavors and they are pure extracts. They smell and taste great out of the bottle. No chemical smells.

Thanks for the tip, I looked online and found code 20c2010 which is 20% off at Olive Nation which makes them cheaper than Cooks. Thanks!

scp1127  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:41am
post #8 of 8

Olive Nation sends a 10% discount with their orders too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%