Extract

Decorating By fsinger84 Updated 28 Mar 2011 , 4:41am by scp1127

fsinger84 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 2:12am
post #1 of 8

I am looking to purchase all my extracts in large sizes. I need strawberry, raspberry, mint, lemon, key lime, and maybe espresso and banana.

I am looking to get all extracts from one place if possible to save on shipping. I looked on Global SA but they do not have all of the ones I need and they also seem to be higher priced. I was able to find pretty good prices at Cooks Vanilla. Has anyone used this brand or have another brand they would recommend?

Thanks!

7 replies
cheatize Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:20am
post #2 of 8

Define large sizes, please. Lorann sells their flavorings in bigger bottles.

jason_kraft Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:25am
post #3 of 8

We buy several extracts from Cooks Vanilla, they are good quality and reasonably priced. Once one of our orders had a leaking bottle of blackberry extract, they sent us a new blackberry extract bottle for free.

We also use SpicePlace at www.spiceplace.com for some hard-to-find extracts in bulk (for example, imitation almond). Smart & Final and local restaurant supply stores also carry a limited selection of bulk extracts for competitive prices.

We usually buy the 8oz size, but for items we use a lot (like raspberry extract) we get the 32oz size. Food coloring is also much, much cheaper in bulk at Smart & Final and restaurant supply stores.

fsinger84 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:39am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Define large sizes, please. Lorann sells their flavorings in bigger bottles.

I would say 32oz maybe 16oz if I had to. I have used Lorann in the past and didn't like any of their stuff. Their orange and lemon emulsions were pretty weak.

Pebbles1727 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:51am
post #5 of 8

I would like to know where everyone buys their bulk flavorings too icon_biggrin.gif

scp1127 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:56am
post #6 of 8

Olive Nation extracts are INCREDIBLE! Try one and you will see. They send emails for specials about once a week, and some of the specials are free shipping. They have a large amount of flavors and they are pure extracts. They smell and taste great out of the bottle. No chemical smells.

fsinger84 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:34am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Olive Nation extracts are INCREDIBLE! Try one and you will see. They send emails for specials about once a week, and some of the specials are free shipping. They have a large amount of flavors and they are pure extracts. They smell and taste great out of the bottle. No chemical smells.

Thanks for the tip, I looked online and found code 20c2010 which is 20% off at Olive Nation which makes them cheaper than Cooks. Thanks!

scp1127 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:41am
post #8 of 8

Olive Nation sends a 10% discount with their orders too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%