Stacked Books

Decorating By davea Updated 1 Apr 2011 , 3:13am by sugarshack

davea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
davea Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 12:17am
post #1 of 9

Hello

I'm looking to make a cake looking like a bunch of thin books stacked. (Think Dr Seuss books). The spines should be fairly easy, strips of colored fondant with the writing. But how about the other 3 sides, where the pages are? Is there an easy way to get this effect?
The only thing I've come up with so far is drying strips of fondant, and just sticking them into the cake
Thanks for any help

Dave

8 replies
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCakesbyAmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCakesbyAmy Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 9

I made some text books for a friend graduating College and to make the pages look like pages I took my pizza cutter (that I only use for fondant) and ran it over the white area where the pages should be (this should put slight creases in teh fondant). Then to make it so you could acutally see them I got a small amount of Wilton Copper coloring and added a few drops of water and using a large brush, lightly brushed the pages. the coloring should stay in the creases you created but not on the white part. Hope it help--hope you can understand my rambling. any questions let me know. I can send you the pic of the cake I did when I get home later.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 9

I don't know when you're making this cake for, but Sharon Zambito just released her newest DVD which is Book Smarts.

http://sugaredproductions.wsiefusion.net/_product_85116/Book_Smarts_DVD

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarks0

I don't know when you're making this cake for, but Sharon Zambito just released her newest DVD which is Book Smarts.

http://sugaredproductions.wsiefusion.net/_product_85116/Book_Smarts_DVD

pre-ordered mine and got an email that it's being shipped! can't wait!!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 9

Bakencake, I pre-ordered mine but haven't gotten my shipping notice...I can't wait to get my copy. I'm going crazyicon_smile.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 9

pre-orders shipping this week. Last batch going out today!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 2:21am
post #8 of 9

Woohoo. Sharon you're the best. I was just talking about How I'd be lost without all your videos.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:13am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Woohoo. Sharon you're the best. I was just talking about How I'd be lost without all your videos.

icon_biggrin.gificon_redface.gif <3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%