Suggestions Plz

Decorating By platinumlady Updated 27 Mar 2011 , 11:29pm by cheatize

platinumlady Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 4

I live in Kansas and I am trying to find something similar this

I am making a neapolitan sheet cake & need to separate the flavors...the one in the pic doesn't bake with the cake so I hope the flavors don't bleed into each other. If you know you know of something else I can use or a place I get it locally ... any help would be appreciated

3 replies
sugardugar Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 4

If you need them to be completely 100% separate why not bake 3 cakes and attach them with some BC or simple sugar if you don't want a filling/gap between the flavours? Separators are great but there may be a small small amount of bleeding into each other. icon_smile.gif

platinumlady Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 4

I want it to be a complete cake. Don't like the idea of three separate cakes since it's gonna be side by side & there is a pan that fits the size needed... even looking at the ice cream it is not separate. if there is a little bleeding I can deal with it just not a lot. I've seen others do it before I just have not... I will order the separator if need be but if I can find it locally I rather buy them that way instead of paying shipping

cheatize Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 4

My local cake supply store carries the batter daddy.

If it stays in the pan during baking, it seems to me they would bake separate and you'd end up with three separate cakes anyway. You could fold foil into a "T" shape and use that to separate them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%