For Goodness Sakes What Round Tip Should I Use?!

Baking By sugardugar Updated 28 Mar 2011 , 4:05pm by Cupcations

sugardugar Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 4

Locally I can't get much of anything so I always order online. What tip should I order? Prefer a wilton tip since I have my bags cut to fit that and whatnot. Well, if the pastry tips I see people talking about fit my regular ol' bags (I don't use disposable) then that's fine as well!!!

I keep guessing but can't find a round tip for cupcakes?

I want whatever one(s) people use to do an ice cream swirl, and also that cute little "poof" lol.

This seems like the most basic tip yet ordering is annoying when I don't know the exact number!

Just something to do plain swirls like and

3 replies
Gerle Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 4

I use a 5PT or a 6PT. (These are my larger swirl-makers versus the smaller 12.) Don't know if they're Wilton or Ateco. They say "Magic Tip" on them and they're made in Korea. Both make a nice swirl like what you're looking for. I purchase a lot of my tips through Golda's Kitchen -- I believe she's out of Canada. For larger swirls, you can try the Ateco 807, 808 or 809, but those do get fairly big. HTH!

sugardugar Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 1:29am
post #3 of 4

PERFECT TY!! I have two cake stands on Golda's I was gonna order in a day or two so I will get them then.

Cupcations Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 4

For Wilton its tip 1A & the samller one is 2A, Ive been looking for it locally & I cant seem to find it icon_confused.gif
I can order it online lol but shipping for one tip is like buying 10 tips, Golda has it for sure
HTH thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%