Need To Buy Sweetex Shorting In California

Decorating By JESSICAVASQUEZ1989 Updated 5 Apr 2011 , 3:56pm by tryingcake

JESSICAVASQUEZ1989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JESSICAVASQUEZ1989 Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 11

does anyone know where in california i live in southern california .. or a company that carries that product .. thank you i was going to order from tbk but they no longer have the sale thanks again

10 replies
tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 11

Where in SoCal do you live? What area? I live in the Anaheim/Long Beach area. I gave up on finding Sweetex at an affordable price about a year ago when everyone started closing.

I have since moved on to Sysco's brand - half the price - just as nice. If you live near me, I can let you sample some.

Cascades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cascades Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 5:15am
post #3 of 11

I buy mine at Cash N Carry in Modesto. Do you have any of these stores in So Cal? They only come in I believe a 60lb container and I pay around
$50.

tryingcake Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 11

No cash n carry's here. When IO was buying Sweetex it came in a 50# block. I'll have to look and see if Smart-n-Final carries anything. Seems like I looked before and the answer was no.

JESSICAVASQUEZ1989 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingcake

Where in SoCal do you live? What area? I live in the Anaheim/Long Beach area. I gave up on finding Sweetex at an affordable price about a year ago when everyone started closing.

I have since moved on to Sysco's brand - half the price - just as nice. If you live near me, I can let you sample some.

ladies thank you so much i live in palm springs ca so its very difficult to get anything here im thinking if im lucky maybe in ontario i might find something i was hoping that i would find some in la no but dont know where to start.. and thank you is very kind of you to want to let me try the sysco brand thank you ladies if i find a place i will let you know.. since i have to buy it it person because it gets up to 120 in here lol

tryingcake Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 6:15pm
post #6 of 11

I'll be in Palm Springs at the Palm Canyon Resort April 12-14. I can a sample of mine then, if you like, a hefty sample. There is a decent cake store in Norco and a couple in Victorville. I can't remember the name of the one in Norco. In Victorville it's Daisy's. If it's still there. It was 5 years ago.

My local cake store sells Sweetex by the pound - $7 a pound. No freakin' way!!

JESSICAVASQUEZ1989 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingcake

I'll be in Palm Springs at the Palm Canyon Resort April 12-14. I can a sample of mine then, if you like, a hefty sample. There is a decent cake store in Norco and a couple in Victorville. I can't remember the name of the one in Norco. In Victorville it's Daisy's. If it's still there. It was 5 years ago.

My local cake store sells Sweetex by the pound - $7 a pound. No freakin' way!!

yes thank you so much i do know where the palm cayon resort is what brings you down here if you dont mind me asking is there like some cakething going on here lol.. because in that case i wanna go.. tryingcake its going to soooo hot over here

tryingcake Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 11:15pm
post #8 of 11

No- just had a really bad couple of weeks (beginning March 15 spent three days in ICU and another 4 in a regular room). I just need to get away for a bit and not think. Purely pleasure trip.

OK - I'll shoot you a PM and give you my cell number so we can meet when I get there. I'm excited - i get to meet a fellow decorator.

It's only about a 1.5 hours drive. Not bad. We'll have top get together and play cake one day during the slow season.

tryingcake Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 11:17pm
post #9 of 11

OK - grrr... every time I click "messages" I get this error:

Not Found

The requested URL /messages.html was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at cakecentral.com Port 80

I'll try again tomorrow to send you the PM. It'll all work out.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 5:58am
post #10 of 11

You may already know this, but California made high-ratio shortening illegal as of 1/1/2011. If you do find Sweetex, it will be the "new" version, not the version you used last year. Like Crisco, all shortening sold in California now has to be zero trans-fats.

tryingcake Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 3:56pm
post #11 of 11

No, I didn't know it. So I guess I'll drive to Arizona for supplies from now on.... if they haven't passed that law yet.

Certain foods are not supposed to be healthy. These PC people really need to get a life and get out of mine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%