Cannon Or Epson

Decorating By Lizmybit Updated 8 Apr 2011 , 9:47pm by icingimages

Lizmybit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizmybit Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 4

I am thinking about getting a new printer for edible images. I know that only Cannon or Epson work with the Kopycake ink. I'm wondering what you all use and what you love or hate about them. I have no idea which one to get.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:29am
post #2 of 4

Do a search in the Icing Images thread for "canon or epson" and you'll find lots of threads discussing this. Most people, I believe, go for Canon.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 4

Definately go with Canon. IT has a removable printhead so if you get a clog you can remove it for cleaning. Epsons printhead does not come out so if you get a clog, you are out the printer. Go with the Canon mp560 or the ip3600. Both excellent choices and will work with the gold label cartridges. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 4

oh...one more thought...remember that when comparing icing sheets while still on the backing sheet, they are translucent. So put a white piece of paper behind them, otherwise the colors will be thrown off. Taking my samples home to see what happens! Will let you know. But we have access to other brands besides ours and are finding similar problems with different inks and paper mixes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%