Edible Image Help?

Decorating By sillychef Updated 14 Apr 2011 , 7:57pm by icingimages

sillychef Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 11:25am
post #1 of 2

Good evening all icon_smile.gif I was wondering if any of you amazing cake "artistes" had any tips as to how to print edible images. I just brought a brand new Epson printer, and kopykake inks, and got it all set up, and printed out a cute little image for a cake I am making for my neice. It seems like the black ink comes out really "strong" I guess is the word... it seems like it is almost wet when the rest of it is dry. Does anyone have any tips on the settings you use? Especially settings for the paper? I purchased both rice paper and edible frosting sheets to use, I had heard that photos don't do as well on rice paper, but it seems to do well for cartoon drawings icon_smile.gif (That is what I just printed- it was a cute picture of a Minnie Mouse angel) The paper settings is what really confuses me- glossy or matte... premium or ultra! icon_wink.gif I don't want it to be too low quality, but I also don't want to waste ink!!! icon_smile.gif Does anyone have any wisdom to share??? Thank you so much!!!

1 reply
icingimages Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 2

We actually do not recommend the Epson for most printing since the printhead is not removable...sorry, but KK should have on their website their settings. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%