Help!

Decorating By SHELLSTAR Updated 26 Mar 2011 , 5:14am by corpsequeen

SHELLSTAR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHELLSTAR Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 12:17am
post #1 of 3

I have started a home cake business, and right now I'm at a loss. I have seen some of the other cake decorators, and I don't think I can compete with them.

I need some ideas to get the ball rolling with my business. I was recently laid off from my job, and I want to make my cake business work. However, I need some ideas to get it started. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 4:24am
post #2 of 3

Moving to Decorating forum.

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 5:14am
post #3 of 3

I've been making cakes out of my own kitchen for almost a year now. I don't really consider it a buisness but I do sell them to anyone who wants one. Start out with buisness cards, you can get 250 free from vista print ( along with other great stuff for only the cost of shipping), make a facebook page for your work so that all your friends and family can see what your work! Personally I have started my prices out at dirt cheap while I build up clients. I get alot of crap for how cheap i sell my cakes but for the moment, while I'm learning, it works for me! You can slowly build up on your prices over time. Another thing that has brought me ALOT of clients was to send small practice cakes/cakepops to work with my family. Everyone gets to see your work and taste it and they really keep you in mind for when they need a cake! People my mom and (ex)boyfriend work with are my best customers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%