Cardboard Circles

Decorating By ashley03 Updated 1 Apr 2011 , 12:06pm by jewordsoflife

ashley03 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 21

Where do I find cardboard circles in the sizes I need?

20 replies
JPMitchell Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 21

Michaels is the best place to look!! They have the plain cardboard circles along with the foiled/decorative circles. The best part is you can get coupons from their website for 40% off every week, and you can get them pretty cheap!!

Kristie925 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 21

I get mine from Hobby Lobby. They do the 40% off coupons too, but they don't have all the sizes, just the basic ones. 6, 8, 10, 12 and 14, I think. Then some rectangles ones, but I think that's it.

MimiFix Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 21

Party stores that sell catering supplies also stock cake circles.

Ellie1985 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 21

GFS has pizza cardboard circles which are the same thing. Box of 100 is like $12. Only thing is they only come in bigger sizes which is OK if you don't mind cut them down. I know they come in 12" & 16". Sorry I don't remember if they had other sizes.

cakemamaof3 Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 5:38am
post #6 of 21

If you're looking for a HUGE amount for a GREAT price you can get them on uline.com, they have all the sizes. The 8 inch rounds are like $43 for 250 boards. Like I said HUGE amounts.

I

lutie Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 2:08pm
post #7 of 21

Thanks! I am going to GFS to get those pizza cardboards, Lowe's/Home Depot to get the cutter, and Michael's to get my foam core @ 25% off my whole order...love it when we share ways to up our profits!!!!! icon_lol.gif

quietude Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 6:38pm
post #8 of 21

I really like BRP Box Shop. They have good prices & a variety of sizes:
http://www.brpboxshop.com/cake-boards.html

lutie Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 8:36pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietude

I really like BRP Box Shop. They have good prices & a variety of sizes:
http://www.brpboxshop.com/cake-boards.html

Thanks, they have good prices, it appears!

tarheelgirl Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 12:23pm
post #10 of 21

BRP Box shop! Fast shipping and great prices!!

pounds6 Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 8:31pm
post #11 of 21

Lutie, what kind of cutter can you get for cake circles at Home depot/Lowes?

cheatize Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 11:45pm
post #12 of 21

A drywall circle cutter.

batterupcakery Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 10:54am
post #13 of 21

I buy the majority of my supplies from countrykitchensa.com ......they have the best prices I've found so far. Their shipping rates aren't bad either. The way gas prices are now, it would cost me more to drive out to get supplies.

SaltAireBaker Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 10:10pm
post #14 of 21

i use webstaurantstore.com. They are $38.49 for 250 10 inch. Shipping is fast.

auntginn Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 4:32pm
post #15 of 21

Sorry to be ignorant, but can someone tell me what GFS stands for??? Please. And I buy smaller quantities at Joann's. Like Michaels they have 40-50% coupons every week.

leily Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 5:03pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntginn

Sorry to be ignorant, but can someone tell me what GFS stands for??? Please. And I buy smaller quantities at Joann's. Like Michaels they have 40-50% coupons every week.

GFS is Gordon Food Supply. I believe they are a supplier to restaurant and businesses. There are different ones throughout the US, in my region it's TPC and PFG (actually both the same company, just different names in different towns), and SYSCO is another big one.

auntginn Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 6:54pm
post #17 of 21

Leily, Thank you for the info, We have Sysco and many others out here in Cali.

debbief Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 7:04pm
post #18 of 21

So I just bought the drywall circle cutter so I can cut my own boards. While I was at it, I bought a nice big piece of foam core...then I got to thinking, how do I know if my foam core is food safe? Should I cover it with something?

jewordsoflife Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 3:39am
post #19 of 21

Since I'm new at this I have a question that might seem silly, but I'm going to ask anyway icon_smile.gif
There are cardboard rounds and then there are rounds that have a waxy shine to them. What is the difference in how they're used? I'm just not sure which I should use. Also there are paper liners sold, but what for? I've never seen any tutorials where they are used.

CWR41 Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 5:29am
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewordsoflife

There are cardboard rounds and then there are rounds that have a waxy shine to them. What is the difference in how they're used? I'm just not sure which I should use. Also there are paper liners sold, but what for?

The wax-coated circles are mostly sold for cheesecakes. You could use them, but they're more expensive and you could risk having your cake slide off easily.

Paper liners? Are you asking about parchment paper pan liner sheets or parchment paper circles? The pre-cut circles (and sheets) can be used to line your pans during baking for quick release. They can also be used like waxed paper in between tiers to prevent the icing from sticking to the bottom of the boards on upper tiers. There are many uses for parchment sheets... if that's what you're more interested in, let me know. HTH.

jewordsoflife Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 12:06pm
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewordsoflife

There are cardboard rounds and then there are rounds that have a waxy shine to them. What is the difference in how they're used? I'm just not sure which I should use. Also there are paper liners sold, but what for?

The wax-coated circles are mostly sold for cheesecakes. You could use them, but they're more expensive and you could risk having your cake slide off easily.

Paper liners? Are you asking about parchment paper pan liner sheets or parchment paper circles? The pre-cut circles (and sheets) can be used to line your pans during baking for quick release. They can also be used like waxed paper in between tiers to prevent the icing from sticking to the bottom of the boards on upper tiers. There are many uses for parchment sheets... if that's what you're more interested in, let me know. HTH.

Thanks for the help! I can't tell you how much it means to me that there are awesome people like you that will take the time to help out a total stranger with what seem to be silly questions. It's people like you that make this website the greatest tool ever for a beginner!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%