How To Store/cover Cakes Untill Ready To Decorate?????

Decorating By yodarita Updated 25 Mar 2011 , 7:01pm by yodarita

yodarita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yodarita Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 6

hi all thumbs_up.gif i need advice on how to keep a cake fresh and moist overnight.

whenever ive made cakes in the past ive allways baked, crumb coated and decorated the cake all on the same day but i dont always have the time to do it all in one day and after joining cc ive noticed that many people comment on that its actually better to bake one day then decorate the next, so i was wondering how do you guys keep the cakes moist till the next day, should i put the cake in the fridge? or just cover it with something and if so what? or should i just keep the cake in an air tight container?

hope ive made sence icon_smile.gif

5 replies
VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 6

Definitely wrap in plastic wrap. If I'm decorating the next day, I personally wrap and put in fridge, but I know many people leave theirs out. I like having a cold cake to decorate. I think it's easier. That's just my two cents. Hope you find what works best for you.

Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 6

I also wrap the individual layers in plastic wrap unfrosted and place in the fridge. I probably over wrap them, but I don't want the air in the fridge to dry them out. So far...no problems!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 6

the fridge will dry out cake and other breads and baked goods. Properly wrapped, the counter is fine. Assuming you're not using perishable fillings that have to be refrigerated.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 6

I also wrap mine really good with saran and place in my cold garage on a cake table.I never have a problem with them being dry etc..

yodarita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yodarita Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 6

thanx for the replys, really appriciate it icon_smile.gif

when you say plastic wrap do you mean cling film? and also do you wrap before you crumb coat, im presuming you do but really dont know?

thanx again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%