Timing Is Everything - Advice Please

Decorating By MAMAWOF4 Updated 26 Mar 2011 , 1:30pm by MAMAWOF4

MAMAWOF4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAMAWOF4 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 4

I have a 2 fold question. In 2 weeks, I have a 3 tier fondant wedding cake and a wrestling ring grooms cake to produce. I am also a guest at the wedding. It is a family wedding and this is my gift to the bride and groom, so it needs to be perfect. Also, the night before, they are having a family (lots of out of towners) get together and I would like to bring decorated cookies. I work full time. Questions:

1. How far in advance can I bake and decorate cookies with RI and how should I store?

2. I have the day before the wedding off, going to start baking and freezing the week of wedding, but after I get fondant on cakes, can they sit out on the counter overnite? They will have a raspberry champagne filling and grooms cake is german chocolate. I am afraid to put in fridge(if they fit) because of sweating. I do have a room with a window A/C that I can make pretty cool - should I store there?

I respect you guys so much, your work is awesome and I know I won't ever be that good, but it is important that these cakes are pretty darn close to perfect. Thank you in advance.

3 replies
sullymel13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sullymel13 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 4

I am not a pro, but I would recommend you bake/freeze this weekend (2 weeks before wedding), then do the cookies next weekend (1 week before wedding). I would do the grooms cake Thursday (if wedding is Saturday), and then your whole day off the do the wedding cake. I am not sure what is in your raspberry champagne filling, but there should be no problem leaving them out overnight. I have refrigerated fondant cakes without incident, but try to avoid it if you can!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 4

1. You can make them now and freeze them.
2. If the filling is not perishable, overnight on the counter is fine.

MAMAWOF4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAMAWOF4 Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 4

THANKS

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%