Timing Is Everything - Advice Please

Decorating By MAMAWOF4 Updated 26 Mar 2011 , 1:30pm by MAMAWOF4

MAMAWOF4 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 4

I have a 2 fold question. In 2 weeks, I have a 3 tier fondant wedding cake and a wrestling ring grooms cake to produce. I am also a guest at the wedding. It is a family wedding and this is my gift to the bride and groom, so it needs to be perfect. Also, the night before, they are having a family (lots of out of towners) get together and I would like to bring decorated cookies. I work full time. Questions:

1. How far in advance can I bake and decorate cookies with RI and how should I store?

2. I have the day before the wedding off, going to start baking and freezing the week of wedding, but after I get fondant on cakes, can they sit out on the counter overnite? They will have a raspberry champagne filling and grooms cake is german chocolate. I am afraid to put in fridge(if they fit) because of sweating. I do have a room with a window A/C that I can make pretty cool - should I store there?

I respect you guys so much, your work is awesome and I know I won't ever be that good, but it is important that these cakes are pretty darn close to perfect. Thank you in advance.

3 replies
sullymel13 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 4

I am not a pro, but I would recommend you bake/freeze this weekend (2 weeks before wedding), then do the cookies next weekend (1 week before wedding). I would do the grooms cake Thursday (if wedding is Saturday), and then your whole day off the do the wedding cake. I am not sure what is in your raspberry champagne filling, but there should be no problem leaving them out overnight. I have refrigerated fondant cakes without incident, but try to avoid it if you can!

cheatize Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 4

1. You can make them now and freeze them.
2. If the filling is not perishable, overnight on the counter is fine.

MAMAWOF4 Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%