Policy On Rain Effects

Business By Colliegirl Updated 25 Mar 2011 , 12:07pm by dreamacres

Colliegirl Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 10:57am
post #1 of 2

Hi folks I came across a problem last weekend when the rain caused me no end of problems with one particular cake I was doing. Usually I do the work in my air conditioned room but since I had a number of cakes on the go at once I had to move into another room to do this cake. Anyway the icing was just terrible, sweated volumes. What sort of policy do I operate under in this circumstance? I would appreciate any advice as I really need to put this up on my website so that customers are aware of what sort of damage the rain can do. icon_cry.gif Thanks

1 reply
dreamacres Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 2

Well my dear Colliegirl, I am sorry you had so much trouble with your cake. You may reconsider writing a policy about rain??? I know the weather can cause issues but we must be prepared to solve the problems if we can by planning ahead and gaining information for the solutions to fix the problems. Not really sure that I would feel comfortable explaining to a customer that I had several orders and their cake did not turn out to my standards because I worked in an area that was not climate controled and expecting them to be very understanding. I hope it works out OK for you but I would not be surprised if they just raise an eyebrow and maybe choose another decorator. Please do not think I am being mean, maybe professional bakers will chime in. Happy cakin"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%