Mmf Or Pre-Made Foundant

Decorating By rere0726 Updated 25 Mar 2011 , 2:50am by ajwonka

rere0726 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 1:01am
post #1 of 6

Which foundant do you use the most, MMF or Pre-Made Foundant. I want to use a foundant that is best and inexpensive. Sometimes I don't have enough time to make MMF and but the Pre-Made foundant doesn't taste as good. So I just wanted to know what my CC Family uses.

Thanks for the input icon_wink.gif

5 replies
sweetaudrey Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 1:21am
post #2 of 6

I like MMF because when I use it I don't do anything but melt them and add pow-sugar if I'm in a hurry and that's pretty simple. It's ready in seconds and it tastes like a marshmellow...what's better than that!?!?! icon_lol.gif It's a little more difficult to work with, but it's worth it since it tastes much better. It'll get easier with time to work with though, I think. thumbs_up.gif

HappyCake10609 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 1:34am
post #3 of 6

I used to use MMF exclusively... it is by far the cheapest option. However, I bought "The Mat" and was having a hard time to get it to work with the MMF. So just to see if I could get "The Mat" to work properly I bought a bucket of Satin Ice. I have to say, it is much easier to work with, it works beautifully with the Mat and I think it actually tastes pretty good. I really hated making MMF, it was time consuming and messy... I think I am a pre-made convert. The convenience out weighs the cost savings for me at least...

quietude Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 1:41am
post #4 of 6

I tried MMF for the taste and cost savings, but it was difficult to work with and a little inconvenient to make. I now use Fondx and I like the taste and ease of use. HTH!

Crazboutcakes Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 2:11am
post #5 of 6

I perfer to make it from scratch, tastes so much better snd it is fairly easy to use, love this recipe found on CC, easy to use and working very well to cover cakes with a nice finish it says you can do in the KA, I had tried but doesn't work to easy for me anyway HTH
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/15498/mmf-easy-peasy-used-kitchenaid

ajwonka Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 2:50am
post #6 of 6

I only use MMF. I make it ahead of time so it's not inconvenient.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%