Arkansas Cakers! Get In Here! :d

Business By babycakes77 Updated 12 Jun 2015 , 1:00pm by lisasnider

lesliesolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesliesolo Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 7:09pm
post #31 of 37

Hi! I just heard about this yesterday evening - has anyone on here tried this in Conway yet by chance...?

BarbaraM0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraM0809 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 5:12am
post #32 of 37

Hello can anyone tell me about getting this done in NE Arkansas (cross county)? I talked to the lady in city hall and she basically said that as long as I'm baking outside city limits they didn't care what I did....odd but ok. Then when I talked to my insurance lady she said that I had to get a food handlers permit (where?) to be insured. Then she said I would have to go to Little Rock to get all this done! I live about 2 1/2 hours from Little Rock and really don't wanna have to drive all the way down there and run in circles trying to figure all this out......

ashleykay07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleykay07 Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 5:34pm
post #33 of 37

Hi Everyoneicon_biggrin.gif! I noticed this post hasn't been active for a while! I currently live in Poinsett County, Arkansas! I spoke with the Poinsett county clerk and she replied with this

There are no licenses or permits required for the county.  If you live in the city limits you would need to contact the city to see if there is anything you need from them.  Your bank may require you to have a Certificate of Business Name or an Assumed Name Certificate filed with us.  You will need to contact the IRS to see if you need to do anything else.  I hope this helps and good luck.

Very very friendly! I do no live in city limits so that is all good! All I have to do to get a Certificate of Business Name is fill out a form and have it notarized at the city hall for $25! And apply for an EIN (Employer Identification Number)!

PTDixieGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTDixieGal Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 4:17am
post #34 of 37

I'm in Sherwood. I'm still taking my cake decorating courses and haven't gotten this far yet...but I have had people ask if I would consider doing this for a living (maybe on the side).

jenbug1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbug1 Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 9:07pm
post #35 of 37

AI just wanted to jump in and say hello to all my fellow Arkansan bakers! I'm in North Little Rock and a hobby baker. My husband develops iphone/iPad apps for cake decorators and I help out with that some too. I don't get to bake much at all these days because of my 18month old but eventually all of this information in this thread will be so helpful! Glad I found it!

arcupcaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arcupcaker Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 12:25am
post #36 of 37

AHello! I also live in Arkansas, white county to be specific, I want to start my own cupcake bakery from my house but I just don't understand where to begin. Ive read so much stuff that it's done more to confuse me then anything else? Can someone help please?

lisasnider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisasnider Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 1:00pm
post #37 of 37

Has anyone tried the cottage food laws in Conway or Faulkner County?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%