The Mat By Sweet Wise

Decorating By Crissielyn Updated 25 Mar 2011 , 4:32pm by Crissielyn

Crissielyn Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 2

Just wondering if anyone has tried The Mat method for covering a cake in fondant and, if so, what their experience was.

I have been through two Mats so far and at first I loved them, they made applying the fondant so easy - no more heartattacks when I lift the fondant with a rolling pin. But, after a couple of uses each mat has become pit marked. It seems that sometimes when the mat gets crinkled or if it gets the tiniest debris on it that is becomes marked and all those marks transfer to my fondant.

I wonder if possibly I am doing something wrong. I loved the system, but am wary to purchase a third set of mats when I dont get much use from them.

If anyone else has an experience, please let me know. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

1 reply
Crissielyn Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 2

Thanks Cake4U2! I am glad to know its not only me. I am also glad to know that they are making the Mats thicker now. I think that the price is reasonable if you will get many uses out of them, but with the thinner ones I was only getting about 2-3 uses before they were badly pit marked and dented.

I contact Sweetwise today and hopefully I get the same results as you did. icon_smile.gif

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%