How Do I Make My Cakes More Moist?

Baking By fathfamilycakes Updated 24 Mar 2011 , 5:47pm by Harmonycakes

fathfamilycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fathfamilycakes Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 6

Everytime I make cake they taste great buy my family always says there a little dry. Is it the recipe or I am overcooking it?? Any ideas in how to have a delicious moist cakes??

5 replies
dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 6

Without seeing the recipe or type of cake it is hard to give advice. If you are using multiple recipes with consistently the same feedback that cakes are dry then yes you are probably overcooking but there are some types of cakes that tend to be dry by nature and using a simple syrup to assist with moisture is helpful. Also, storage sometimes is an issue. Not keeping them covered or keeping them in the fridge for a long period of time can also lead to dryness.

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 6

If you wrap it really well in plastic wrap while still warm that traps the moisture in. Freezing the cake also helps make it more moist.

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 6

It's hard to give advice when we don't know what recipe is being used or how you are handling the cakes during and after baking. I think a lot of us here, including myself, get the cake out of the pan, ASAP and wrapped in plastic and in the fridge or freezer soon after....wrapping the cake in wrap traps in the moisture that is escaping through the steam coming off the cake. HTH

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 6

Brush it with a simple syrup, you can flavor the syrup too!

Harmonycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Harmonycakes Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 6

try replacing whatever liquid you are using (water... or milk) with buttermilk.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%