Anemone Flowers

Decorating By oyster Updated 28 Mar 2011 , 7:47pm by oyster

oyster Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 5

i am struggling to make wired anemones i dont seem to get them to look right( the petals) can anyone give me any advise, thanks Pearl

4 replies
annie84 Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 5

Instead of wiring the petals, I like to just wire the middle part of the flower. This way I get the look I want but can still easily stick the flower to the side of the cake.

This is the tutorial I used when I first made anemones. So you can do pretty much all the steps the same but when putting the black middle onto the flower, first put a hooked 18 or 20 gauge wire into the back of it then stick it through the centre of the petals. Hope this makes sense!

oyster Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Annie84, yes i have seen that tutorial it really is nice but i want my anemones made with wires so that they can be put into a vase i can do the middle part its the petals i have trouble with im not sure how to dry them
so that they look like anemones and not poppies,
icon_sad.gif Oyster

Moondance Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 5

wire three together, then place the other three so that they are behind the first three, and between each of the first set of petals. Poppies overlap each other. Have you looked at a real anemone to see how the petals go? I would dry them in a bowl shaped flower former with the wire poked through

oyster Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 7:47pm
post #5 of 5

Thankyou so much Moondance that is the imfo i wanted

Quote by @%username% on %date%