Buttercream Flowers

Decorating By holtesl Updated 25 Mar 2011 , 6:38pm by holtesl

holtesl Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 7:28am
post #1 of 5

So...I just got a job at a grocery store bakery and I am already sick of the typical rose, leaves, border,DONE method of grocery store cakes. I've recently gotten a lot of orders for spring type flowers but I really haven't learned how to do a lot of those...at least not directly onto the cake. I took the old school Wilton classes (over 5 years ago) which taught me how to use royal icing and let the flowers dry, but with doing up to 10 cakes a day, I just don't have time for that (and I lost the book so I can't refresh myself on the technique). I would like to purchase the Roland Winbeckler book on this, but since I just started the job I haven't gotten my first paycheck yet and only have $30 to my name. Anyone have any step-by-step tutorials? I'm a visual person so photos help. THANKS!!!!!!!!

4 replies
HamSquad Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 8:18am
post #2 of 5

Hello, just an ideal, have you surf Youtube on the web?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsmnkezYsP8&feature=related

Sam_paggers Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 9:32am
post #3 of 5

hamsquad- what a great vdieo. The whole series done by seriouscakes is how i found myself immersed in caking, it is also where i too inspiration for my buttercream roses (in my images). She offers such great instruction and makes caking a joy icon_smile.gif

Sam
xxx

Cupcations Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 5

I second Serious Cakes shes amazing, hope she gets well & come back soon.
Join her FB page she has videos there & also her Youtube channel heres a link

She also does her flowers based on the Roland Winbeckler's book

HTH

holtesl Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 5

Yeah...I saw those videos...I thought they were good, but I wasn't really impressed with them. I was hoping for some more direction than what she gave in the videos. I watched her orchid video and thought it was really neat but she didn't really tell you how she did it. I don't know...I'm a perfectionist so I hate trying a technique without KNOWING that it is going to work. I guess practice makes perfect and I just need to jump into it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%