Do You Make Mmf In A Kitchen Aid?

Baking By KarenOR Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 9:21pm by ycknits

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 5

I have to make a bunch of batches of MMF and am currently fighting some Carpel Tunnel pain from being on the computer at work and home icon_biggrin.gif
I was wondering if I will destroy my machine if I try and mix the MMF in it.
Of course, I can always use my husband to knead if need be...
Thanks.

4 replies
Mom_of_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom_of_one Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 5

I do, although some kneading is still required.
Here's the video I learned from. It's part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yj4KGtBaDg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 5

i use the dough hook on my artisan kitchenaid to make my fondant (MMF, MFF, etc). i have yet to break it. if you're worried, you can make small batches at a time so as not to tax it too greatly at once.

Lindsram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsram Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 5

I wouldn't make it without my Kitchen Aid. It does struggle towards the end but it's usually mixed well enough by then.

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 9:21pm
post #5 of 5

I've made it many times - start to finish - in my 6 qt Artisan KA. I made the mistake once of trying to double the batch and stalled out my motor - so would recommend that you don't try that!

Recently, I've switched to making MFF and like it better than the MMF. And it doesn't seem to make as much of a mess, IMHO. So I whip out three batches in series without much difficulty. It does take a little kneading at the end of the process, but is softer than the MMF to work with.

I had severe carpal tunnel issues with my right hand but finally had surgery about a year ago. It was like a miracle! One small incision in the palm of my hand on a Monday morning. I was knitting again on Wednesday evening and decorated a two tier cake 1 1/2 weeks later, with dozens of hand made fondant roses and lots of piped scrolls. I wish I'd had the surgery years earlier! All the best to you icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%