Need To Do Up-Do For Doll Cake And Need Help

Decorating By onthefritz Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 11:24pm by LisaPeps

onthefritz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onthefritz Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a Princess Tiana cake and am using the standard doll cake toppers for the Wilton doll cake mold kit. However, the doll has extremely thick unruly hair. To make her look like Princess Tiana I have to give her an up-do but it's not working out so well. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

3 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 4

Do you have a princess Tiana doll? If so, can you pop The heads off the doll and the doll pick and swap them? If that won't work, can you take the torso off the princess doll and use that is the cake instead? Maybe tape a chopstick to the bottom for stability, then cover the torso with plastic wrap so it won't touch the cake directly, as wewll Asa keep it clean.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 4

Would cutting the hair help? Don't be afraid to do what ever it takes.
Have y ou tried washing the hair? Sometimes just wetting it good makes it more manageable.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 4

I had the same issue with my doll pick. What I did was cut the hair slightly shorter, do it little by little because you can't add it back on!! (Ask me how I know...)

Then tie it up in a pony tail, then make it into a bun. I used clear nail varnish to stick all the fly-aways down.. then tie a real ribbon or fondant ribbon around where the hair bobble is (elastic band thing, not sure what they are called in the US?)

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%