How To Determine How Many Cupcakes To Make?

Baking By ChefAmandaMarie Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 7:44am by Evoir

ChefAmandaMarie Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 6:10am
post #1 of 5

I am attending an event where there are roughly 8-10 thousand people attending. I am not sure how much to bake. the organizer asked me to do brownies and cookies too. I am doing cookies with fondant on them to go with the theme of the event but how much should I bake? Its a two day event. Any advice is appreciated.

4 replies
cakesdivine Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 6:19am
post #2 of 5

Is everyone suppose to get a cupcake? Are you being compensated because 10000 cupcakes costs alot of money and time to make. Are they requesting standard sized cupcakes. Honestly this is a job too large for one person to pull off. Do you have a shop?

ChefAmandaMarie Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 6:28am
post #3 of 5

regular sized cupcakes. It is a home and garden show. I have family helping out. I was thinking of 3500 each of brownies cupcakes and cookies. I dont have a shop yet however I am asking around about renting out a commercial kitchen. i have some family friends that own restaurants so I;m asking them first.

platinumlady Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 6:40am
post #4 of 5

That's a hard one because everyone is not gonna eat a cupcake, cookie or brownie but what about the ppl that get more than one. Since it's for a garden show it's hard to regulate each person getting just one. But that's 13,500 deserts total so I would think that will be enough. Also with the commercial kitchen you may want to do some bartering with the price. It is gonna take a while baking that many even if you have help. Most charge by the hour ... not all areas have a commercial kitchen that does by the week or month (just what I found in my search)

Evoir Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 7:44am
post #5 of 5

Will these cupcakes be sold or given away for free? I made 250 for an air show where 5000 were expected, and they sold out. I think if they will be given away you'll need at least one each! But selling is a different story.

Also, for 3500 cookies they would be getting something simpler than what you described! Please be very careful with estimating your time and extra labor costs... And good luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%