Instructions For Semi-Truck Cake/big Rig

Decorating By LadyCharm Updated 9 Sep 2005 , 7:15pm by khiggins

LadyCharm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyCharm Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 3:26am
post #1 of 9

Hi Everyone , Have been looking and reading. Lots of beautiful cakes.I am new to cake decorating and I love it, class 2 of course 3 finished today. My husband drives a big truck and wants a Big Rig Cake I'm willing to try just need some help!! Does anyone here have any instructions for this type of cake?
Any help would be appericated,Thank you in advance for your help.
Theresa

8 replies
mousey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mousey Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 3:34am
post #2 of 9

Hi. I am new to cake decorating, too, and have never made a truck cake. But I did come across a site that has instructions for one and a few pictures.
Here you go:
http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/cakepict/semi.htm

Hope that helps!

Minnie

The Lord is my strength and my song.

LadyCharm Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 3:38am
post #3 of 9

Thank you so very much for the web site ,it's greatly appericated.
Theresa

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 3:41am
post #4 of 9

I am currently looking at making a pickup truck cake for this weekend. Will be my first official 3D. I did run across some directions on the Wilton website. Try a Google search too. I found some there as well!

Amy

khiggins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khiggins Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 9

I have made one of these cakes and actually used the same site for instructions. I do have pictures of mine if you would like them. I would have attached them but I need to scan them into my computer (made cake pre-digital camera era...). I will say that this one stressed me a little, but I was not very experienced when I attemped it. It does make a great cake for someone though! If you would like my pictures please send me a message with your email address. Good luck on your cake icon_smile.gif

LadyCharm Posted 8 Sep 2005 , 2:34am
post #6 of 9

I would love to see your cake. I am very new to this but always love a challenge icon_lol.gif I plan on useing fondant with luster dust to color.
Again thanks for your help,seeing your cake will help me I'm sure.

LadyCharm Posted 8 Sep 2005 , 2:35am
post #7 of 9

I would love to see your cake. I am very new to this but always love a challenge icon_lol.gif I plan on useing fondant with luster dust to color.
Again thanks for your help,seeing your cake will help me I'm sure.
[email protected]

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Sep 2005 , 2:50am
post #8 of 9

Thank you for this great idea! My BF's dad owns a Truck Expediting and Warehousing business, this would be perfect!! I can't wait for a chance to make it.

Leily

khiggins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khiggins Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 7:15pm
post #9 of 9

I was finally able to get my cake picture to the gallery under the 3D theme car/trucs/etc..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%