My Instructions For Gum Paste Peonies!

Decorating By tuffstuff Updated 29 Mar 2011 , 10:39pm by idontknow

tuffstuff Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 2:41am
post #1 of 15

Hi guys, I wanted to post my instructions for making gum paste peonies. I used the following cutters: Peony Cutter set: (FV-04icon_cool.gif by Sunflower Sugar Art

I tried to add an attachment here but was not successful, so I uploaded them to my flicker site. They are scans from my sketchbook. Click on the small images to get to the bigger version.

These are definitely not detailed instructions but I hope this helps someone out!

peony and rose wedding cake - top view by tishperez, on Flickr

peony instructions part 1 by tishperez, on Flickr

peony instructions part 2 by tishperez, on Flickr

peony progress1 by tishperez, on Flickr

peony progress 2 by tishperez, on Flickr

14 replies
infinitsky Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 2:58am
post #2 of 15

Thank you for sharing, your flowers are amazing. icon_smile.gif

TonyaBakes Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 3:00am
post #3 of 15

Thank you for sharing. Your flowers are beautiful! Peonies are a flower I haven't attempted yet.

CandyCU Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 3:25am
post #4 of 15

Thank you, so much, this is awesome! You're flowers are just gorgeous!

Cheers!

Sassy74 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 15

Thanks so much! I've struggled with peonies, and am always looking for a method that will work for me. I'll give yours a try!

Debi2 Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 12:36am
post #6 of 15

Awesome!!!! Thanks so much for posting the instructions!

PattyT Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 1:01am
post #7 of 15

So wonderful of you to post this. Peonies are one of my all time favorite and romantic flowers. I can't wait to try with your instructions.

Thank you very much.

Teialukamom Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 1:44am
post #8 of 15

Thanks for posting! I've been looking for a peony method that works for me.

I do have a couple of questions because I have struggled trying to make peonies in the past.

1) Drying time!!! How long do you have to allow for drying in-between each step? How long does the wire have to dry in the base? How long do the petals dry? Do you want the petals completely dry when adhering them to the base? How long does the completed flower have to dry before using?

2) I've tried a method where a few of the layers of petals were wired, but it doesn't appear that you use wires at all. Any tricky problems to look out for when adhering the petals?

Thanks so much!

Happy Decorating!!!

cutiger Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 1:57am
post #9 of 15

Thank you so much! Now if mine turn out half as pretty as yours I'll be happy.

bakencake Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 2:22am
post #10 of 15

Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoAnnBR Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 1:34am
post #11 of 15

Your flowers are gorgeous. . . and the instructions couldn't have been more timely. I actually starting making a peony today for the first time. I really like your end results better than the method I'm using, and your instructions require fewer wired petals, so I think I'll start again using your method. Thanks so much for sharing!

ajwonka Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 5:51pm
post #12 of 15

Thanks! I have an order for a bridal shower cake in early May with peonies! Will definitely use your instructions! Thanks!

mcdonald Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 6:16pm
post #13 of 15

I can't can't can't CAN'T wait to try these!!! I love these on cakes.....

VanillaCoke Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 8:17pm
post #14 of 15

gorgeous!

idontknow Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 10:39pm
post #15 of 15

wow stunning, going to buy some cutters just so i can try these...thank you icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%