Banana In Pajamas Cake

Decorating By mummylove01 Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 2:02am by sebrina

mummylove01 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 1:34am
post #1 of 3

Hi,
I have made a Banana Pajamas Cake for my 3 year old. It was my first attempt at sugar paste modelling. Few questions i like to know how to improve or correct the mistakes:

1) I tried mixing gum tex and fondant, i did not know the proportions to it, just an estimate. Found that it could be drying and my figures later cracked. Could it be due to proportions not right? What is the right amount to mix?

2) The hands look like gorilla hands hanging on the sides. I made the stripes and wrap it around the arms. How can i keep the arms from hanging?

3) As i made separate blue and white strips to wrap around for the pajamas, some of the stripes starts to open up/tear? Again is it not due to proper drying?

4) First attempt i use to mix my own colour with icing colouring. I found that it runs more easily than ready mix fondant colours. Why is this so?

5) I couldn't get the bananas to stand up even with drying of legs. could it be the proportion of body torso and arms not right resulting in heavy weight? How do i get proportions right if i am going to make different body parts?

6) Do i use icing sugar or cornstarch for handling or a mix due to humid climate?

2 replies
mummylove01 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 1:41am
post #2 of 3

I tried to post a picture but the attachment is not working??? Why is that so

sebrina Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 2:02am
post #3 of 3

It almost never works. Post a link to your picture instead?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%