Wwe Cake - Need Ideas

Decorating By MustardSeed Updated 29 Mar 2011 , 2:51pm by PTBUGZY1

MustardSeed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustardSeed Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 12

My first cake for the family, I'm so excited! My eight year old grandson requested a WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment?) cake.

I was thinking of a boxing ring with ropes and small figuringes wrestling and WWE in the middle.

I welcome any ideas or experience with this type of cake.

Donna

11 replies
luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 12

I have done a couple and struggled with the posts for the ring. I am a hobby baker so I am sure the pros will chime in and help you. good luck

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1750289

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 12:19am
post #3 of 12

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1959441

I just tried making this cake for the first time this month. I wasn't totally happy with the outcome. The Birthday Boy loved it so much, that he personally called me and thanked me for the cake. That was a 1st for me.

MustardSeed Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 12:33am
post #4 of 12

Thank you!, only hope I can do as nice a job. I noticed what looked like an emergency gurney at the base. Is that normal? I guess it's overblown wrestling.

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 8:56am
post #5 of 12

LOL, I 'm not sure what wrestling is today, I thought the same thing! icon_lol.gif. His Mom and I used some of his wrestling accessories to decorate the cake, I haven't watch wrestling since the 70's, so much more drama now.
Best Wishes!

susiekoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susiekoos Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 10:11am
post #6 of 12

How about a WWE belt ? Fun and fairly easy to make .

MustardSeed Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 1:29am
post #7 of 12

Sorry for the late reply, susiekoos, pulled my back and been in bed for a week. I had to give up a cake request (that hurt).

Great idea, I'll ask my grandson if he wants a belt or boxing ring.

Thanks!

MustardSeed Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 6:49pm
post #8 of 12

luckylibra - about the posts. I was thinking of using bamboo skis Kabob stakes covered with rice krispies and fondant. I have blackcoloring for the fondant but am concerned adding so much gel will make the fondant too soft. I guess that is a post for another area.

Andi1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andi1218 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 7:08pm
post #9 of 12

Hello. My husband is a HUGE WWE and wrestling fan. I created a simple box cake, crumb coated it, covered it with white fondant to drape down the sides (insiders call that the drape or the curtain)
Dipped pretzel sticks in chocolate. (Do extra in case of breakage) Attached three small balls of fondant to each, and pressed a length of black licorice whip the same length as the width of the square cake, repeat 4 times. Let this dry lying down on a cookie sheet. Helpful to have another pair of hands at this point, as you have to position 1 pretzel at a time in the 4 points (corners) of the cake. (Learned this the hard way) Basically it should look like a picket fence, sort of... I also found a little frosting helped to "glue" the whips to the fondant. then go to Walmart, Toys R Us, and get some little figurines...like 2 inches tall or so, not the big ones. I added some red gel to simulate blood for a more ECW feel... which is more of a no holes barred version of WWE. I even found little accessories like the stairs, a broken table, etc. My husband LOVED it! Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

MustardSeed Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 2:06pm
post #10 of 12

Thank you so much for these tips!

Andi1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andi1218 Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 2:28pm
post #11 of 12

you're most welcome!!! Good luck!!!!

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 2:51pm
post #12 of 12

Mustardseed...... I made a WWE cake, a square cake black sides, white top, I used pretzel sticks for the posts covered in fondant (they worked well). I made plaques for the sides, with names of fav fighters and the WWE logo. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%