Newbie From Uk - Starting Business??

Decorating By fairysprinkles Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 9:39pm by Davwattie

fairysprinkles Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 3

Hello Everyone,

I am very interested in starting my own cake business. Im not sure how exactly to go about this. I have been making cakes for friends since December and I really love being creative.

I would love any help or advice in getting started.

So get in touch fellow Cake Makers.

Love Nicola

2 replies
napa Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 3

Am going through this at the moment myself. You need to contact your local environmental health food team. You need to register a food business with them and they will need to inspect your premises/home (if it is home based). The food standards agency can send you out a free dvd and info pack about food safety and you will need to complete a hygiene course. Have a look at the government website about starting new business - lots of info on there including how to register with hmrc for tax etc purposes. Also there is a book about setting up cake decorating from home by Kathy Moore.
Hope that helps
Good luck

Davwattie Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 3

Also moving through the whole setting up thing too, agree with what napa has said.

Re the kathy moore info book, the new 2011 revised version is on offer on amazon for £8.44 instead of £12.99.

Vistaprint is good for some bargain business cards and have a look on the gbbo.co.uk website for simple free website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%