Expensive "cupcake" Batter Dispenser

Baking By CrumblesConfections Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 4:13am by CrumblesConfections

CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all. Hope all is well.
I just wanted to say that I'm not in the least bit biased towards Kitchen Krafts because I order TONS of items from them. (My disclaimer, now moving on)
But I must say that before I buy any product from ANYWHERE now, I check Amazon.com first because it seems to me that their prices are slightly and sometimes largely cheaper on some items than some other websites I buy products from. I mentioned KK because I bought a pancake batter dispenser from a week ago from Amazon for $5.54 called Handy Gourmet Pancake Batter Dispenser (price as of today is $10.99) and I was on KK browsing today and saw a "Cupcake" Batter Dispenser for $16.95!! Well, after the shock wore off I figured this could only be because they use the word "cupcake". Theirs is acrylic with a cover and mine is stainless steel with no cover. Maybe it's just me, but I see a trend of inflated prices when something is put in a specialized category like "cake decorating", etc. NOT FAIR!!! Times are hard enough right now and especially for people who decorate for a hobby right now and aren't making a profit. Just wanted to give all my CC friends a warning to shop around first, especially to Amazon and Country Clean Paper Supplies (www.wesellcoffee.com). Country Clean is EXTREMELY cheap on paper goods like baking cups, boxes, even plastic cupcake and cookie containers. Have a blessed day everyone!

6 replies
cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 7

Thanks for the tip! Does this gadget work better than an ice cream scoop (which is what I usually use)?

CrumblesConfections Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegirl1973

Thanks for the tip! Does this gadget work better than an ice cream scoop (which is what I usually use)?

WAAAAAYYYY better! I was battling with the scoop because the batter would still drip. The dispenser goes directly into the cup in a steady stream and when you finish, just release the handle and it closes off the batter stream. The best cupcake product so far!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 2:14am
post #4 of 7

If it is the same one that BB&B has, it is good for thinner batters, but thick just sit there.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 2:33am
post #5 of 7

I've been wanting that dispenser, but wasn't sure it would work and that I could justify the cost if it didn't. So thanks for the review and the heads up to go to amazon.

CrumblesConfections Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 4:12am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

If it is the same one that BB&B has, it is good for thinner batters, but thick just sit there.

It looks like it's the same one at BB&B, but theirs is $14.99. With the thicker batter, I just give the dispenser a little shake and it comes out.

CrumblesConfections Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 4:13am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

I've been wanting that dispenser, but wasn't sure it would work and that I could justify the cost if it didn't. So thanks for the review and the heads up to go to amazon.

You're welcome! Any little bit helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%