Airbrush And Edible Images

Decorating By HeavenlySweets1226 Updated 24 Mar 2011 , 2:47am by cakeandpartygirl

HeavenlySweets1226 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 15

Ok Guys! I want to invest in a machine so that I can print edible images, this isn't sold at michael's or my other cake decorating shop so where should I get it from ... give me all the details best brand, where to get all the accessories .. the works.

Also I want to know should I invest in the airbrush machine or just keep buying the edible spray in the bottles?

I know my cake buddies will have all the answers!

Thanks in advance

14 replies
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 15

If I'm not mistaken there is a list of compatible printers on kopykakes website.... word to the wise, don't get the epson printer, it stinks.....wasted my money on that one icon_sad.gif

cakeandpartygirl Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 15
HeavenlySweets1226 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 2:38am
post #4 of 15

great thx guys!

Sweetgrl1963 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 2:56am
post #5 of 15

I got the Epson, i( because it was cheaper) and have never had any trouble with it. Just have to keep the heads really clean.

HeavenlySweets1226 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 9:43am
post #6 of 15

Ok so from what I understand u put edible ink in a regular printer where does the paper come from? I went to the recommended site and actually found my canon. This may be easier and less expensive then I thought. Any thoughts on the airbrush machine?

MissLisa Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 10:08am
post #7 of 15

I have both an airbrush and an edible image printer, couldn't do without either.

KopyKake has a nice airbrush system, it's the red one on their website.

I have an Epson C88+ printer for a couple of years. I've never been overly impressed with it. I mean, it works and all, I've never been thrilled with the colors, they seem a bit off, especially the reds.
I am in the process of purchasing a Canon ip3600. I have a friend that has one and her images come out great.
As for edible image sheets and ink, check out Icing Images, I love their sheets. They are a full size sheet with no empty border to have to deal with.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 1:56pm
post #8 of 15

Maske sure that you are using a new printer because if you have decided to use a printer that already has regular ink in it you will contaminate the edible ink. I agree with the previous poster that said icing images has the better frosting sheets. They will also recommend the type of frosting sheets to use for your specific printer. I have a canon ip4300 and she recommended the premium sheets. I absolutely love them they come off so much easier than the kopykake brand and like the pp said they have a larger printer area.
As far as the airbrush I bought one off of ebay for about 150 including shipping and it came with airbrush colors. The main thing about the airbrush is to us a compressor that has the chamber (the name escapes me) on it to help alleviate the spitting.

Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 4:11pm
post #9 of 15

I would ditch the idea of an EI machine..Too expensive to maintain and NOT reliable..Of course that is JMO...I do however have had a airmaster airbrush for over 8 years now and love it!! I use it on every cake...never clogged or broken down yet..I spent over $400.00 on getting set up to do EI images and within 5 months the printer was wrecked from leaking black ink which I couldn't clean out and I ended up tossing everything into the recycle bin..I was pissed!!What a waste of money...I would say you will get the best return on an airbrush than an edible image printer...

HeavenlySweets1226 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 6:23pm
post #10 of 15

thanks so much for all of your input! This is a great start/help!

tiggy2 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 9:18pm
post #13 of 15

icingimages also has the best ink. I've used kopykake and wasn't near as happy with it as I am with icing images.

HeavenlySweets1226 Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 1:13am
post #14 of 15

Wow! This is awesome and so affordable! Thanks And it works well? doesn't clog, etc? I'm very excited about this!

cakeandpartygirl Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 2:47am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

icingimages also has the best ink. I've used kopykake and wasn't near as happy with it as I am with icing images.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%