Cake Pop Roller

Baking By scp1127 Updated 23 May 2013 , 10:57pm by AlicesMadBatter

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 11:38pm
post #31 of 212

the dipping part take longer for me, but my 1 year old son sure likes the music!

ritterwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ritterwoman Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 12:46am
post #32 of 212

My mistake on the cake bites on qvc. They looked like they were molded to me. I had to laugh at the bad reviews though.

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 1:00am
post #33 of 212

I want one of these so bad!!!! I haven't made them yet but I want to There is no one in my market that are selling these....I know I would make the money back within no time, but I have to come up with the money first. icon_sad.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 1:36am
post #34 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritterwoman

My mistake on the cake bites on qvc. They looked like they were molded to me. I had to laugh at the bad reviews though.

Most of the bad reviews (yes, there were a lot of bad reviews) were about how "too sweet" they are. I guess not too many people like the coating sweetness, or the cake mixed with frosting.

I went on vacation to Florida and got addicted to Starbucks pink cake ball. It's vanilla. I bake, and I can't believe I haven't made them. Just got one again tonight and I'm sitting down to eat it now with a cup of coffee. It's yummy, and it doesn't taste too sweet to me.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 1:53am
post #35 of 212

I just went to the Starbucks website to see if they used real chocolate and they don't. Here is what is in them:

white coating (sugar, palm kernel oil, whey powder, skim milk powder, soy lecithin, monoglycerides, titanium dioxide [colour], natural flavour, vanilla), sugar, water, flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), soybean oil, liquid whole eggs, powdered sugar (sugar, cornstarch), liquid egg white, butter, palm oil, candies (sugar, corn starch, confectioner's glaze, carnauba wax), skim milk powder, palm oil (with soy lecithin), invert sugar, corn syrup, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), modified food starch, salt, vanilla extract, natural vanilla flavour, emulsifier (water, sorbitan mono-stearate, polysorbate 60, mono- and diglycerides, sodium propionate), xanthan and guar gums, emulsifier (mono- and diglycerides, polysorbate 60, citric acid, bht [antioxidant]), natural flavour, carmine.

imagenthatnj Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 2:04am
post #36 of 212

Sure, I think no one is using real chocolate. I know exactly what I'm eating. It doesn't seem that sweet to me, though; not the cake or the coating.

I haven't tried those other cake bites from QVC, mainly because I don't like the price and there's a full box of them. I would never eat more than one of these balls a week. When I was on vacation, well, I was on vacation. I cook most of my food so I know what's in my daily intake.

I wonder where Starbucks get their cake balls from. A customer was telling the girl behind the counter (in Florida) to go to bakerella.com to find out how they were made.

I think we're hijacking this thread, though. This is supposed to be about the roller. I hope they get their quota because a lot of people wants this tool.

Good luck everyone!

Addi-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addi-Cakes Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 2:38am
post #37 of 212

one would think that you could take two blocks of wood, and router the grooves in it and smooth it and coat it in linseed oil and it would work exactly the same for about $30 or under. After all are cutting boards not made from wood? as long as you keep it clean and greased the cake shouldnt stick, and its not like you have a rick of contaminents, cause its only for your cake pops, you would be using fish or chicken on it. I think I will go out to my fathers wood shop and make one and see.

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 27 Mar 2011 , 9:54pm
post #38 of 212

Whats really nice about the roller...Is the fact that the balls come out so perfectly smooth, hence when you dip them they look sooo good. I know it will really save me time. And I cant wait. Also, they will all be exactly the same diameter.

And when packed in a box look so professional.

I just cant wait for mine to come. An going to have a play date with my cake friends to share ideas and flavors.

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:29am
post #39 of 212

275 dollars??!!??!!?? you have got to be joking

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 2:56pm
post #40 of 212

I'm with Johnny on the size. They're huge (for cake balls or pops). I make mine a lot smaller because once you dip it in the chocolate and sometimes 2x to get good coverage (esp. white choc over dark cake) it builds up and makes the actual ball larger. Too bad cause it's really cool idea (although I'd never pay that price).

imagenthatnj Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 3:47pm
post #41 of 212

Yes, they're huge, I want them more this size:

http://thebabycakesshop.com/products/cake-pop-makers/cp-12

This looks like a toy and I'm not sure it works yet, but it sure is a good idea. Before this, I was thinking about an ebelskiver pan.

nancyg Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 4:32pm
post #42 of 212

Its not $275...Its $199. The marzipan roller is $375 and it makes 3/4" balls...The cake pop roller is $199 for the introductory price and then it will go up.

Sorry if I confused anyone....

BrindysBackyard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrindysBackyard Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 5:54pm
post #43 of 212

for international orders it is $274.99

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 6:30pm
post #44 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindysBackyard

for international orders it is $274.99

icon_sad.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 7:54pm
post #45 of 212

I have an ebelskiver pan. They make balls with a cake-like consistency, but they have a definite rim around them that would make a lumpy coated ball.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 7:55pm
post #46 of 212

How many people make cake pops out of just cake, no icing?

The baby cake one is just cake, right? Not icing mixture.

imagenthatnj Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 8:10pm
post #47 of 212

The Babycake one bakes your balls. You put dough in there. Which is actually what I want. A very moist recipe baked into balls. I am assuming it works like the Silverwood cake ball pan, just very small.

I would order one just to try since it cost almost nothing, but they're out of stock. The fact that it costs so little makes me a little suspicious, but I wouldn't be wasting a lot of money.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 9:40pm
post #48 of 212

imaginethatnj, I saw the Babycake one at Macy's but I'm sorry I don't recall the cost.

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 1:31pm
post #49 of 212

This is a really cool tool and I commend the inventor. I will not order one however because I do not use just cake. I mix all kinds of flavours and items into my cake balls.
So this would not be an option for me. I like the fact that cake balls are more then just cake.
Nice item though.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 3:23pm
post #50 of 212

Chiara, I believe that you make the cake ball mixture and square it up using the tool shown in the video. Then roll it, so it should work fine for you.

sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 8:52pm
post #51 of 212

I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I'm not sure yet.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 10:32pm
post #52 of 212

They met their goal! YAY! They will ship the first week of June......................can't wait!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 10:34pm
post #53 of 212

My email said the third week of June, but still, YAY! And they're accepting orders at the pre-launch price until April 8th!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 10:39pm
post #54 of 212

Lol....................I was so excited I didn't read it right (= Mine says 3rd week of June too (=

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 10:39pm
post #55 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

My email said the third week of June, but still, YAY! And they're accepting orders at the pre-launch price until April 8th!

Yes, my email said the same. I'm excited!

nancyg Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 11:36pm
post #56 of 212

Yep, they met their goal...We will be getting the order at the preview price. You have until april 8th to order for this price and they will begin shipping 3rd week of June. I cant wait. Going to have a cake pop making party with my cake friends

doramoreno62 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 5:28am
post #57 of 212

So is it going to be more expensive after April 8th? I think it's a bit pricy now.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 5:41am
post #58 of 212

I believe about $329, close to the marzipan roller price.

doramoreno62 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 6:29am
post #59 of 212

Sheesh! Too rich for my blood! Glad I don't make alot og cake balls.

SHYLERScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHYLERScakes Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 10:16am
post #60 of 212

omg I can't wait!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%