Cake Pop Roller

Baking By scp1127 Updated 23 May 2013 , 10:57pm by AlicesMadBatter

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 212

They are 1/3 to their goal of 250 rollers sold. Anyone who is still undecided, I think there are three weeks left to pre-order. Hopefully, she gets enough sales to finance production.

http://heavenlycakepops.com/?page_id=386

211 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 212

I hope she makes the goal! It is a pretty cool set up, I know I am game!

yodasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yodasmom Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 212

It looks awesome! I just put my order in!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 12:54am
post #4 of 212

I am so tempted...I don't even have my location done right now, though. We just got the drywall up, it isn't taped yet. I am afraid that we will run out of money before we get it all done, with all the unexpected expenses!

scp1127 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 1:59am
post #5 of 212

Anna, just make a commitment to push these things and hopefully it will make you a paycheck. You could email her with your dilema and maybe she can help on the deadline.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 12:08pm
post #6 of 212

I'm pretty sure I have a few other things laying around here that I had to have, and never use. My husband has had the patience of Job with all my caken stuff and putting the bakery in. He tells me to get the Agbay and a fondant sheeter and a bigger mixer, and another Kitchen Aid. The sheeter is not in the works right now, but I got or am getting, the other stuff. I am afraid I will order one thing too many and he is going to get to the point where he loses his patience!

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 3:04pm
post #7 of 212

I ordered one. icon_smile.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 6:24pm
post #8 of 212

Looks like a very cool tool ... and I understand the cost that probably went into making this, but my DH would kill me dead if I spent $200.00 on something that simply rolls cake balls quicker ... icon_cry.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 11:06pm
post #9 of 212

Someone was talking about these on another site, and it looks suspiciously similar (i.e. exactly the same) as a marzipan ball roller and a bead roller. Just an FYI, you might be able to get something similar somewhere else. http://www.polymerclayweb.com/beadrollers.asp

scp1127 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 11:54pm
post #10 of 212

costumeczar, it does work the same as the marzipan roller. The cake pop roller is 1.5" and the marzipan roller is .75". The marzipan roller is priced comparable to the post-production cake pop roller (about $330.00).

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 12:03am
post #11 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

costumeczar, it does work the same as the marzipan roller. The cake pop roller is 1.5" and the marzipan roller is .75". The marzipan roller is priced comparable to the post-production cake pop roller (about $330.00).

They looked exactly the same, I figured they work the same way. You can make your own, apparently, if you're handy like that icon_smile.gif

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 12:19am
post #12 of 212

I got one, I hope they make it to 250

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 9:40pm
post #13 of 212

Want your husband to agree to buying it? Have him make the cake balls while you work on a cake. It's been over a year we last made cake balls because they were so time consuming (made a BUNCH for a family party). Everyone loved them and want them again, but he always says no way!

I showed him the video (hopeful, but not expecting an okay) and he asked a few questions and then said to go ahead and order it! I'm a hobby baker but make cakes for most of our family birthdays and we make big treat baskets for everyone at Christmas, make goodies for our moms, aunts and grandmothers for Mother's Day, etc., so it will be a big help. If this is the year for TX Cottage Food Law, maybe we'll be using it to make them for sale by the end of the year...

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 10:13pm
post #14 of 212

I ordered 2. A friend of mine and I both want one. Yes, I saw the marzipan roller also.. $130.00 More and they are 1/2 the size...so it would not work for a cake ball. And almost 75% more cpst. I hope she makes her quota. I sure want mine.

Since cake balls take so little product. One good size order for wedding favors would give you your money back.

And with the roller I will be able to do big orders. So, you will really make profit. So, little product and now SO LITTLE TIME WITH THE ROLLER.

If you havent ordered one...think about it at this price.

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 10:15pm
post #15 of 212

I am sure someone out there will come up with something like this for cheaper, this is worth it if you do make tons of cake pops. thanks for the info.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 10:43pm
post #16 of 212

I have to say I was impressed after watching the little video, seriously thinking about it...

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 11:39pm
post #17 of 212

I've never made a cake pop in my life. Don't really have any plans to do them on any sort of scale, either.

But I LOVE that! LOL!!!

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 11:57pm
post #18 of 212

never made a cake pop in my life.. Ordered it though... I have some plans!!!

baileysdaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baileysdaddy Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 1:27am
post #19 of 212

Okay, this looks cool, I'll give you that. But is it just me or is the time consuming part really the dipping, not the cake ball rolling? It takes me FOREVER to dip them (which is why I now refuse to make them). Granted, I'm a perfectionist and they have to be perfectly smooth, but honestly, it takes like an hour to dip a couple dozen. If they can come up with a faster way to dip them, I'm in!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 1:45am
post #20 of 212

Placed my order.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 4:44am
post #21 of 212

I absolutely hate the dipping...however cake pops have that stick that would be much easier to deal with I think.
The bakery I worked for had a girl who dipped all the cakeballs and she did a phenomenal job. She could do a dozen in less than 5 minutes...and they were perfect. If we'd had this device, we could have cranked out tons of them. Wish I could afford it just to have it!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 1:14pm
post #22 of 212

Oh I agree it is a nice product and would make cake balls/pops much quicker and faster, but as a hobby cake baker who doesn't even really promote the cake balls it just isn't in the budget ... plus I would REALLY have to increase the price of the cake pops to start making a profit again after this purchase ..

ritterwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ritterwoman Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 2:14pm
post #23 of 212

I have seen"cake bites" ON QVC and it got me thinking about using candy molds for the cake pops. I made cake balls recently and it did not take as long as it did the first time I made them, however, I thought if you make them in candy molds. (make the cake ball dough, let it chil, then paint candy molds with the chocolate and press the cake dough in it, the top with the chocolate) it makes it look nicer. I am making easter egg ones for Easter, the for every day ones I have a special candy mold I am going to use. thumbs_up.gif

leah_s Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 4:10pm
post #24 of 212

I've tried doing them in the candy mold and I think it's harder.

leah_s Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 4:11pm
post #25 of 212

But I do tend to work in large volumes.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 7:04pm
post #26 of 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritterwoman

I have seen"cake bites" ON QVC and it got me thinking about using candy molds for the cake pops. I made cake balls recently and it did not take as long as it did the first time I made them, however, I thought if you make them in candy molds. (make the cake ball dough, let it chil, then paint candy molds with the chocolate and press the cake dough in it, the top with the chocolate) it makes it look nicer. I am making easter egg ones for Easter, the for every day ones I have a special candy mold I am going to use. thumbs_up.gif

Let us know how they turn out!

BTW, I went to QVC to check out these Cake Bites and I looked up the nutritional ingredients and was shocked to see that they were coated with a coating and not REAL chocolate. These are way to expensive and they are marketing them as covered in chocolate. If it is not real chocolate it should not be marketed as chocolate, should it?

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 7:39pm
post #28 of 212
Quote:

Yes, they are the same.

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 8:32pm
post #29 of 212

I wish it made the balls a bit smaller. 1.5" is about the size of my finished, coated ball. Someone should develop a device with interchangeable grids to make different sized balls. THAT would be something I'd buy!! Still, I hope she reaches her minimum. I know there are several people on here who will be disappointed if she doesn't!

Maria46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria46 Posted 26 Mar 2011 , 10:15pm
post #30 of 212

The link doesn't work and when I try to go to just heavenlycakepops.com, I get a screen that says it can't find the address. Does anyone know what happened to this site?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%