Any Ideas On How To Do This Print For This Shoe?

Decorating By suesweet Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 1:05am by sugardugar

suesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suesweet Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 7

Hello! A client wants me to recreate this shoe. But I'm not sure how to go about making it look the same. Is it possible? If so, please share your ideas. Thanks!!!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OGeohcMdIm88i0Y5yoYdUg?feat=directlink[/img]

6 replies
Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 7

try to sponge it maybe?

firstof9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firstof9 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 7

I have seen these shoes in the stores lately in several different colors including red and black. They look rather different in person then in the picture. The shoe is COMPLETELY covered in glitter. This makes them very sparkly and super glamorous. The glitter is also what creates the texture you see in the picture. In person they have a rough feel from the glitter and aren't smooth like a patent leather, but they do not have the stucco type texture you would imagine from the picture..... haha hopefully that makes sense. Not sure what types of edible glitter you can buy. I know it tends to be more flaky. I posted a link below to an article about making your own edible glitter. I have never done it before, but remember reading it thinking it looked interesting, and that i should try it. If you do it let me know how it goes!

http://www.edibleglitter.org/articles

Haha.... I know that i didn't directly answer your question but hopefully this helped!! Good Luck!

Hannah

cmoseley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmoseley Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 7

You may want to try disco dust. Good luck!

suesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suesweet Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstof9

I have seen these shoes in the stores lately in several different colors including red and black. They look rather different in person then in the picture. The shoe is COMPLETELY covered in glitter. This makes them very sparkly and super glamorous. The glitter is also what creates the texture you see in the picture. In person they have a rough feel from the glitter and aren't smooth like a patent leather, but they do not have the stucco type texture you would imagine from the picture..... haha hopefully that makes sense. Not sure what types of edible glitter you can buy. I know it tends to be more flaky. I posted a link below to an article about making your own edible glitter. I have never done it before, but remember reading it thinking it looked interesting, and that i should try it. If you do it let me know how it goes!

http://www.edibleglitter.org/articles

Haha.... I know that i didn't directly answer your question but hopefully this helped!! Good Luck!

Hannah

Thanks! You would never know they are glittery from the picture but after researching the shoe they are indeed! At least I know which angle to try now!!!!

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 11:20pm
post #6 of 7

sprinkles baby icon_smile.gif

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 1:05am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoseley

You may want to try disco dust. Good luck!

do this only if no one intends to eat it...disco dust is plastic and not edible.

make shoe, put a light coating of piping gel, cover with glitter, shake excess.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%