Purple Rose Wedding

Decorating By sweetaudrey Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 5:50am by sweetaudrey

sweetaudrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetaudrey Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 8:52am
post #1 of 5

I'm maid of honor at my friend's wedding and I'm also making her cake. I've had a few ideas, but I thought a few more couldn't hurt.

Her colors are purple and white. She's having purple roses as her flowers and its supposed to have a really elegant and classy type feel.

Also, its supposed to be a small wedding. 100 people TOPS. Thanks for any ideas.

4 replies
allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 11:52am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetaudrey

I'm maid of honor at my friend's wedding and I'm also making her cake. I've had a few ideas, but I thought a few more couldn't hurt.

Her colors are purple and white. She's having purple roses as her flowers and its supposed to have a really elegant and classy type feel.

Also, its supposed to be a small wedding. 100 people TOPS. Thanks for any ideas.

Does she want to have sugar flowers? I did a purple cake for my friend's wedding its white with purple ribbons and a large brooch it was simple and classy. Its in my gallery if you want to have a look?

sweetaudrey Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 5

I do really like that! I was thinking of making fontant/gum paste roses. But I like the ribbon idea too. Thanks!

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetaudrey

I do really like that! I was thinking of making fontant/gum paste roses. But I like the ribbon idea too. Thanks!

No problem it makes a really elegant cake. Another idea is to have a bow and brooch to alternate tiers that looks really nice too

icon_biggrin.gif

sweetaudrey Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 5:50am
post #5 of 5

Thanks! =] Good ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%