Wine Or Liquor Bottle Label

Decorating By gladysrdz24 Updated 13 Sep 2011 , 4:56pm by cistebycrystal

gladysrdz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gladysrdz24 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 5:17am
post #1 of 6

Hi! Im doing a Hennessy bottle laying down. And I was curious to find out what you guys do for the label. Im thinking the best and neatest way is an edible image. Or should. I try to hand draw? I don't think I charged enough to spend 3+ hours drawing the word Hennessy.

Interested in your input!

Thxs

5 replies
MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 6

i'm curious to see your final product because i wanted to make one for my bf's birthday in a couple months. i always envisioned using a edible image...i suck at drawing and painting so i know that wont be a option for me

i googled some pics and there was a mixture. if you dont use the edible image i think a edible marker would be perfect for writing "hennessey" on the bottle. as far as the little border around the edge you probably would have to paint that on with gold luster dust...just guessing

so like you mentioned, it probably would all depend on your time and cost to the customer.

can you pm the instructions on how to make this please icon_surprised.gif)

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 6

I did a jagermeister bottle recently and did an edible image. Unless it is a simple label, I would never hand draw.

cistebycrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cistebycrystal Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 6

Where did you get your edible image from? I am looking for a Jack Daniels label for my husband's 30th birthday cake and a wine bottle label for my grandmothers 90th birthday?

Thanks so much!

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 6

I recently did custom beer bottle labels and had another cake designer print the images for me. If you google edible images, you'll find bakers who will print them for you fairly inexpensively. Also check your local bakeries to see if they'll do it for you. I have one in town who doesn't mind. Be careful with license infringement though. I used http://www.cakeart.us/. I sent her ready to go jpgs and she mailed them the next morning. Worked out perfectly.

cistebycrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cistebycrystal Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 6

awesome thank you so much!! i will def look into that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%