Aluminum Baking Sheet

Decorating By cakestars Updated 22 Mar 2011 , 2:21pm by chefjess819

cakestars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestars Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 2:58am
post #1 of 8

hi all! i have a dinosaur cake coming up this weekend and i found a tutorial that's in a different language (thanks to this site i found something!) the pictures are great, only it's not in english. so, it looks to me like they bake the cakes in aluminum baking sheets and stack until the height of the dino is achieved. toward the top, they used icing to build up a rounder back.

my problem is that i've never baked a cake in a baking sheet. any tips out there? i don't even know what temperature, how long to bake or how much batter to use. any thoughts or suggestions? or does this method sound the easiest for making my dinosaur?

thanks in advance!

7 replies
ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 3:05am
post #2 of 8

Can you link to the tutorial?

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 3:06am
post #3 of 8

what site is it? there might be a way to translate the site content.

chefjess819 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 3:43am
post #5 of 8

forgot to ask what internet browser you use...i use google chrome and if a website comes up in a different language, it automatically has a bar pop up at the top asking if i want to translate...

forgot to say that it looks like they torted the cake and then stacked it until the right height was achieved. then covered in fondant and decorated.

cakestars Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 1:11pm
post #6 of 8

no i don't have google chrome, translation here would be perfect! i'll look into it to see if it's something i can download. thanks!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 1:39pm
post #7 of 8

Babelfish will translate it for you. Badly, but it should be enough for you to get the gist of it.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

chefjess819 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 2:21pm
post #8 of 8

when i went into internet explorer, it popped up with my google toolbar that translated the page. when i was looking at it though, i didnt see any instructions on how they made it. just pictures...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%