Any Tips

Decorating By kneenah Updated 21 Mar 2011 , 3:36am by corpsequeen

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 1:38am
post #1 of 7

I hate having to clean my supplies after i make my icing cuz crisco make it so greasy.. Any tips to get all that crisco off the bowls when i am ready to clean?

6 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 1:55am
post #2 of 7

Microwave water to very hot and pour over bowels and utensils. I want one of those insta-hot spouts on my sinkicon_smile.gif

cmehend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmehend Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 1:55am
post #3 of 7

I have this problem also and I've found if I put them into the dishwasher right away, the residue is still there. I usually fill the sink with hot water and Dawn and let them soak for awhile before putting them in the dishwasher. the Dawn cuts the grease residue.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 1:59am
post #4 of 7

Agree totally with the above statement regarding Dawn dish soap. It really cuts the grease!

cvoges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvoges Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 2:25am
post #5 of 7

I've found the same true about Dawn, too. When I am working on a project, I keep a small prep bowl of hot water and Dawn by the sink, so I can put the tips right in to soak as I finish with them.

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 2:37am
post #6 of 7

dont have a dish washer but ill def try the hot water cuz this grease thing is a pain.. i am currently making a cream cheese icing just to try to avoid that crisco

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 3:36am
post #7 of 7

I do not have a dishwasher and I have no problem getting the grease off my tools with hot water and dish soap. I've never had to soak them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%