Soy Milk

Baking By Marinette Updated 24 Mar 2011 , 7:05pm by Marinette

Marinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marinette Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 12:25am
post #1 of 6

Some body used soy milk in cakes? taste good?
someone asked me for a cake without eggs but with soy milk.i have neve read a recipe that subsutiutes regular milk for soy milk.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! icon_sad.gif

5 replies
lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 12:47am
post #2 of 6

Chances are you won't really notice the difference if you are just subbing the milk for soy milk. Will you also have to replace the butter though? Unless your recipe uses oil for the fat that is.

icon_smile.gif

Soy milk isn't horrible, and as an ingredient in a cake it's not going to leave a huge taste, and if they are used to eating soy products then they will not think it's off.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 1:24am
post #3 of 6

Soy milk is generally sweeter than regular milk so that will be one of the subtle differences. Other than that I would think it would make a big difference.

drdm99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drdm99 Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 1:50am
post #4 of 6

It's really a taste preference. I personally do not like soy milk in baked goods, I think it has an aftertaste. I use a lot of rice milk since I cannot always use milk. If they are asking for soy milk then they are used to the taste and I say go with it.

Marinette Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 11:58am
post #5 of 6

Thanks a lot!!!!

Marinette Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks again My cake taste so good. I used soy milk, margarine and appleasause. no eggs.... so sponge..... I add vanilla bean paste... UMMMMMM taste so good and the client is so happy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%