Making Fondant Letter For A Logo

Decorating By rachelbius06 Updated 20 Mar 2011 , 6:11pm by ajwonka

rachelbius06 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 5

i need to make a grooms cake and the cake is a product so i am going to need to make the letters out of fondant. how do i go about making the letters out of fondant to look exactly like the products letters?

4 replies
Marianna46 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 5

You could find an image of the logo on the internet, print it out and cut out the letters and use that as a pattern to cut your rolled-out fondant. If you want it a little stiffer, print out the letters, glue them to cardboard and then cut them out. When you cut the fondant letters out, try to do it with a pizza cutter (which may be too big for the detail) or a smaller impression wheel. That keeps your fondant from moving around so much as you cut. You CAN cut it with a very sharp paring knife, but you need to go really slowly so the fondant won't distort as you cut. HTH.

mplaidgirl2 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 5

I just print the size I want the letters.
Cut them out to make a template and
then use an exacto knife.

This was my first attempt at a logo.
I think it came out decent

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1964711

sugardugar Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 5

If you look at my photos, I did a replica of the Toy Story logo.

I looked up the name of the font used for this logo, wrote "Kevin's Birthday 4" on a document, printed, traced with a super sharp knife on fondant, arranged to look like logo.

HTH!

ajwonka Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 5

I find it's easier if I roll out the fondant then let it dry a bit before I cut out the letters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%