Has Anyone Tried Cake Stackers?

Decorating By SophisticatedSweets Updated 21 Mar 2011 , 3:03am by Bakingangel

SophisticatedSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophisticatedSweets Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:09am
post #1 of 7

I was surfing the net for ideas on how to stabilize a cake I am delivering tomorrow, as the client doesn't want it assembled on site, and I came across cake stackers (cakestackers.com). Oh.Em.GEEEeee!! I dunno if they really work as notated, but if they do I NEED THEM! Has anyone on here ordered them at all? If so, do they REALLY live up to that youtube vide she has posted where she is flinging the cake around?

Ooooh this would totally revolutionize my business! I have a serious case of the wants now. :p [

[/url]

6 replies
Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:32am
post #2 of 7

Hi, there is a thread on here that is quite long. The people that have them swear by them and wouldn't go back to what they previously were using.

I tried to paste it for you. Good luck!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-679022-.html

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:54am
post #3 of 7

Holy cow!!! My jaw hit the floor when she turned that cake upside down!!! I think my heart is still in my throat lol!

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:27am
post #4 of 7

Just got them in the mail yesterday. I assembled it but haven't used it yet, it is very sturdy and well made. I want to try it for a chandelier cake.

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 5:40am
post #5 of 7

I think you have to try them to see if you like them, I did not like them at all. to many pieces to put together, I was worrie that if one part got lost I was not going to be able to put the cake together. good luck if you choose to purchase one

SophisticatedSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophisticatedSweets Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much, Bakingangel!! I tried to see if there was a thread, but couldn't find one. Maybe I am hitting up the search option the wrong way. I am going to check that thread out!

@corpsequeen! *lol* Me too!! I watched the video at least five times all while telling my husband to look, look, look! I sooo want to try to tip a cake upside down. Not over my kitchen floor though. :p

@Sorelle- Good luck!! I hope to see pictures once you are done with that cake. icon_smile.gif

@Conchita- Part of my concern is not getting the pieces back after paying that much. Even though I charge deposits on other items a lot of people just don't bring it back. $100plus is a lot to keep sacrificing and then reordering! And, like you, I'd be afraid of not realizing a part was missing and then the whole money is wasted. ick.

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 3:03am
post #7 of 7

Sophisticated Sweets, just click on the post I pasted in my earlier reply it will take you there. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%