Thought I Should Finally Say Hello...

Decorating By TillieBK Updated 20 Mar 2011 , 4:13am by TillieBK

TillieBK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TillieBK Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 2:26am
post #1 of 12

Hello Lovelies!!!

I have been a member on here since 2007 and have received so much inspiration from all of you wonderfully talented artists...thought it was high time to say hello!!!

I own my own event planning company in Charlotte, NC (living right over the border in SC) and have enjoyed making cakes for several years on the side. Originally I am from the Pacific NW...miss it so but am enjoying the South! icon_smile.gif I am unable to sell them professionally due to legalities in SC out of my home but am actively looking for retail space...

Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out and hope to get to know some of you!!

Best,
Tillie K icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 2:41am
post #2 of 12

Welcome. Your cakes and cookies are really nice. I look forward to seeing more.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 2:51am
post #3 of 12

Welcome! Im a Nevada baker looking for retail space, hasn't been easy:/ Looking forward to seeing more of you cakes and cookies!

StacyN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StacyN Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:10am
post #4 of 12

Hello!

I own my own event planning company in So. California! I mainly do weddings.

I do cakes for friends and family for fun. Wish it could be more but, like you I can not legally bake out of my home.

Good luck in your rental search!!

Stacy

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:15am
post #5 of 12

Hello Tillie,

I am located in Kansas. I hate that you can't sell there I think I would go crazy if I couldn't .... I was like you I joined CC and didn't get active on the forums until a year later. Loved seeing the pictures of your projects & your profile pic is beautiful as well

Have a great evening

TillieBK Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:29am
post #6 of 12

Thank you so much ladies! icon_smile.gif Very nice to meet you!

I actually offer a free sculpted cake and themed cookies as a gift with my children's party packages so I get to at least practice in a way that is legal for now!! icon_smile.gif

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:29am
post #7 of 12

Hello Tillie, glad you popped in to say hi. You use to be in my area, I live on the Oregon Coast. I bet you don't miss the rain. Its too bad that you can't bake from your home in your new town, Oregon is good that way.

TillieBK Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:04am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyscakes

Hello Tillie, glad you popped in to say hi. You use to be in my area, I live on the Oregon Coast. I bet you don't miss the rain. Its too bad that you can't bake from your home in your new town, Oregon is good that way.

Many of my relatives are still in the Willamette Valley area as well as Eugene. My great, great grandfather was actually a Russian immigrant and started a bakery there...an amazing story!! icon_smile.gif

TillieBK Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:05am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by crp7

Welcome. Your cakes and cookies are really nice. I look forward to seeing more.

So fun!! Thank you so much!!!

TillieBK Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:07am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorelle

Welcome! Im a Nevada baker looking for retail space, hasn't been easy:/ Looking forward to seeing more of you cakes and cookies!

We moved here from Vegas in 2005...crazy city!! Best of luck finding a storefront...it is a lot of work but very exciting!!! icon_smile.gif

TillieBK Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:11am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyN

Hello!

I own my own event planning company in So. California! I mainly do weddings.

I do cakes for friends and family for fun. Wish it could be more but, like you I can not legally bake out of my home.

Good luck in your rental search!!

Stacy

I did find a way around it with the "gift" idea for kids parties...my lawyer says that it is genius! Great way to polish the skills!!
I do many weddings as well along with everything from corporate events to dinner parties to children's boutique-style parties. Love it!

Nice to meet you Stacy! icon_smile.gif

TillieBK Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:13am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumlady

Hello Tillie,

I am located in Kansas. I hate that you can't sell there I think I would go crazy if I couldn't .... I was like you I joined CC and didn't get active on the forums until a year later. Loved seeing the pictures of your projects & your profile pic is beautiful as well

Have a great evening

You are very lucky but I have just been forced to be a little more "creative" so I can make my cakes and cookies!

Thank you for your kind words! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%